Original topic:

Lock pin is not accepted

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 05:31 PM)
Sriman
Active Level 4
Options
Questions
Hi,

Anyone facing the weird issue with security pin wherein system is not accepting the pin though I never changed it after beta update ? 

[Update] with latest patch Samsung has fixed it
9 Comments
ManiVijayan
Active Level 2
Questions
yup!!!! bro same problem don't restart your device... alternatively use your fingerprint and face recognition.. wait for next beta... hope Samsung fix this bugs
0 Likes
Utkarshtri
Active Level 1
Questions
Phone forgot unlock PIN now it can only be unlocked by fingerprint and face unlock. Even PIN in secure folder isn't working, constantly telling incorrect PIN. I firmly remeber all my PINs but they're not working anywhere in device on Android 10.
Please tell the solution, I don't wanna reset the device.
0 Likes
abhinavy2j
Active Level 3
Questions
I had the same problem. my phone got auto restarted . since then I'm unable to use my phone. because it forgot unlock patterns.
0 Likes
abhinavy2j
Active Level 3
Questions
guys this is serious issue. don't ever restart your phone.. you have to hard reset the phone.
0 Likes
Sami
Active Level 3
Questions
Hard resetting the device will let you in to the phone but. it doesn't let you set a pin or password again. One user tried to downgrade to android p. It didn't resolve the issue either way.
0 Likes
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Questions
It was I who downgraded to Android P by withdrawing beta and flashed the OS using ODIN and due to some weird reason the problem follows on Android P as well... It doesn't accept any PINs or Patterns...

So don't downgrade, it does not solve this problem... It's some secure chip related issue... Samsung has to fix it through an update...

0 Likes
nagasrinivas
Active Level 3
Questions
yes same problem
0 Likes
utsav911
Active Level 3
Questions

I tried unlocking the device by Find My Mobile service, it was supposed to delete the lockscreen password, as well as Biometrics, I was able to access my phone. I thought problem is resolved and tried registering biometrics again, but it asked the password again. Now I thought restarting might fix this, but again, after restart, I'm stuck on lockscreen, and it doesn't accept any password. And I don't want to reset the phone, it has important data. 

IF SOMEONE FINDS SOLUTION TO THIS, PLEASE COMMENT THE SOLUTION. (NO SUGGESTIONS FOR RESETTING THE DEVICE, PLEASE)

0 Likes
Sriman
Active Level 4
Questions
latest patch fixed the issue, please update
0 Likes