Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gallery or Google photos show faded pictures

(Topic created on: 11-04-2019 05:25 PM)
Saurabhkhurana
Active Level 1
Options
Questions
Is it only me or others are also facing an issue with the Gallery app (or Google photos)? View any picture and it appears faded/washed out. It shows up fine for a second and then the colors fade away slightly. Even more, if I try to slide to the next picture, the vivid colors show up on the picture.
7 Comments
ksmurthy
Active Level 1
Questions
It's for me too. Gmail text can't be read without magnifying glass. Contrast poor. Thought S10+ will have better display than S8+. But regrets. I pity for losing 70K.
0 Likes
zayn54
Active Level 1
Questions
even i have the same problem on my s10e
Siddharth1998
Active Level 5
Questions
how is the battery life. how much screen on time are you getting?
0 Likes
Questions
Yes There is a problem,
When you will click on Edit Icon you will see the vivid colours of the photo, but again after saving that photo gets faded,
same when you click on View Motion Photo, The Photo when plays it's Motion View it seems vivid in colour but after that it gets faded, same thing happens for video too, even when you save photo from any other app to gallery it gets faded...
0 Likes
plah
Active Level 1
Questions
I reported this problem on the very first day. no fix yet.
0 Likes
Questions
this isn't fixed even in the latest beta release.
0 Likes
Infy1412
Active Level 1
Questions

I can confirm this bug still exists in my Exynos S21 Ultra. It appears when screen mode is vivid and Eye Comfort Shield is off, which is where I feel you get closest to natural colors. Natural screen mode is too washed out and Eye Comfort Shield saturates images so much you end up editing them wrongly because you believe they already have good colors!

So sadly, I guess we'll have to live with this bug as Samsung has clearly not bothered fixing it for years now. I have stopped using my Ultra and switched over to iPhone 13 Pro Max. There atleast you get consistency between clicked image and displayed image in the gallery and Google photos apps with natural colors and a great set of cameras.

0 Likes