Original topic:

Samsung Note9 discolored after update

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 01:36 PM)
Metalhead11
Active Level 3
Options
Pune

Since a week I have been suffering with the screen discoloration issues (Note9) after updating the June 2020 security patch and I have been visiting the Samsung service center for the same. They had informed me that the display needs to be changed which costs around 18k. They also suggested me to get the software update reinstalled from them to see if the display issue is solved by it. So today I visited the Samsung center to re install the software update (Jun 2020). On handing over the phone to the executive I was told that the update can cause the screen to go blank completely.
As far as, I, as a layman understand that the software and hardware are two different parts. So why should my screen/ display turn blank after updating the software, unless you have done something to the hardware on purpose!! Something fishy?? 

6 Comments
Pune
Have your issue got resolved after reinstall?
0 Likes
Metalhead11
Active Level 3
Pune

well he scared me off by saying that the display might get blank permanently after the update.. i didn't take the risk bro..

0 Likes
Pune
Is it solved?
0 Likes
Metalhead11
Active Level 3
Pune

well he scared me off by saying that the display might get blank permanently after the update.. i didn't take the risk bro..

0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Pune

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Adjust the brightness
Settings > Display > Adjust the brightness.

2. Check device in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the screen.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
rajvarpe
Active Level 1
Pune
सॅमसंग नोट 9 अपडेट करने की वजह से मेरी मोबाईल स्क्रीन खराब हो गई. स्क्रीन पिली पड गई..और स्क्रिन डिस्प्ले पर लाइनिंग आ गई..
सैमसंग इसका सॉल्यूशन जल्दी निकालें..
0 Likes