Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

galaxy bud rip off and false advertising

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 12:11 PM)
robertrps
Active Level 1
Options
Promotions
Samsung has ripped me and so many only people off with this whole a31 galaxy buds promo and they don't even care, no replys, awful service, unhelpful or unclear information. Its really disgusting 
13 Comments
Solution
zaidooBoza
Active Level 1
Promotions
I thought the same , I do agree instructions not clear , moderator pointed out wat to do n explained how to redeem. I as you , had serious doubts , after going through the steps and processing to eventually redeem I received these buds after 2 weeks. whilst I understand the frustrations , I do think that once received it was well worth it. the buds plus for me at least is amazing. good luck.
TakeNote
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
hi, quick question, I was told to post proof of purchase on the app which I did few days ago. was it the correct way or need I go into something on this app?
robertrps
Active Level 1
Promotions
so what do you do?
Mbhana
Beginner Level 5
Promotions
According to Samsung a limit of 4000 units were reached and as a result there are no more available.
zaidooBoza
Active Level 1
Promotions
moderator sent me this msg I've copied below , hopefully as someone else commented not sure if limit of 4k reached. in any case this is steps I used and it worked. must point out I did this roundabout mid August.

Hi

Please try the following troubleshooting steps in order to process the buds claim

1. Please check that your Samsung Account on the device is correct.
2. Uninstall the Samsung Members app, then re-install it again
3. Sign in with your Samsung Account on the Samsung Members app.
4. Check for the banner under "Benefits"
HeinA
Active Level 3
Promotions
I am launching a PAIA against them as well as taking them to the competition commission.
andreb008
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
agree I am lodging a complaint against vodacom with ombudsman
Solution
jmad
Active Level 2
Promotions
the 1st 4000 were going to get them, so as much as you might have bought a phone hopping for the buds, it was a promotion and a promotions main purpose is to get people to participate/ purchase product...not everyone will get something. the 4000 part was specified
HeinA
Active Level 3
Promotions
Promotions that are basically a lottery should be outlawed. Let the advertising authorities decide.