Original topic:

Samsung helps India fight against COVID 19 surge with $5 million donation

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 05:09 PM)
Abhishek13892
Expert Level 2
Options
Promotions

India is in the midst of perhaps the worst COVID19 surge seen in the region. Hospitals and medical facilities are buckling under the immense stress being placed upon them. Despite stringent measures to control the outbreak, the situation is far from under control.

Being a responsible corporate citizen, Samsung has joined India in its fight against the COVID19 pandemic. The company has pledged $5 million in a donation to support the ongoing efforts.

This is Samsung’s second support package for India’s COVID19 fight

Samsung will be providing $5 million (INR 37 Crores) to help India during the current surge. Donations from this amount will be disbursed to central and state governments. The funds will boost the healthcare section with necessary medical equipment for hospitals.

The company has taken this decision after consultation with the relevant stakeholders in India and assessing the needs of local administrations. $3 million out of the pledged amount will be donated to the Centre and the states of Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.

Samsung will also be providing $2 million worth of medical supplies. This includes 100 Oxygen Concentrators, 3,000 Oxygen Cylinders and one million LDS syringes. These supplies will be offered to the states of Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.

Furthermore, Samsung will also cover the vaccination costs of more than 50,000 eligible employees and beneficiaries in India. The vaccination drive will include all Samsung Experience Consultants that work at electronic retail stores in India.

Samsung had also made a significant contribution in April last year to support India’s fight against the pandemic. It provided a donation to the Central government and support to the local administration in Noida.

We(Indians) are grateful to Samsung, thank you Samsung for doing such supports 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤

16 Comments
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Promotions
Atleast Something That they have found that I wanna praise them for. Keep it up Samsung🤗
Abhishek13892
Expert Level 2
Promotions
Yes absolutely right....
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Promotions
And people still say Samsung is the worst brand and buy Chinese brands devices. 😔😔😔
Abhishek13892
Expert Level 2
Promotions
Who says, they even don't know or just want to compromise with their privacy, Chinese brand uses ad to give mobile in less price
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Promotions
Yeah, I know. 😅😅😅

People say Samsung is worst cause it's so called OVERPRICED for them 😂😂😂 without having the knowledge that what Samsung provides users a High level security that no Android brand does.

People/ immature people consider a device best only when it provides top notch specifications under 20k. 🤣🤣🤣
They don't even care about their privacy. 😂😂😂

Here you won't see those people cause it's a Samsung community but if you check YouTube comment section of a Samsung device unboxing video you'll notice people mocking Samsung just for it's price. 😂😂😂
Abhishek13892
Expert Level 2
Promotions
Yeah absolutely right, I agree, thats why till now I never buy a chinese phone neither I recommend anyone to buy 🤝🤝🤝
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Promotions
I've been using Samsung since 2013 and will stick to Samsung forever, I'll never buy a Chinese brand device. 😅😅😅
Abhishek13892
Expert Level 2
Promotions
Same here, I am also using since 2011, still I am using Samsung and will stick to Samsung, I will also never buy Chinese phone
vikas33346
Expert Level 1
Promotions
Those people saying from since 2010 but Samsung don't affected and now Samsung more popular