Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy buds + promotion

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 02:36 PM)
Shade55
Active Level 3
Options
Promotions

I purchased a Samsung S20+ on 10th March 2020 and the main reason I opted for this phone was that Samsung promised a promotion you get a free Samsung Galaxy Buds+. I registered on the same day on Samsung members and received confirmation.

I understand that the delivery date fell under SA lockdown period but there has been no communication from Samsung since then.

When I spoke to an Samsung customer service agent, I was told that because I have a CTID number the buds+ must be with the couriers.

When I called the couriers, I was again told that NO they didnt receive anything from Samsung.

I then emailed verify@samsung.com and was told that they dont have permit for deliveries to take place (which I find strange as I can go on Loot.co.za or Takealot.co.za to purchase it and have it delivered).

No one came back to me yet after following multiple times.

Thinking the "Free promotions" are all scams!

25 Comments
Maps_sam07
Options
Promotions

Please note that the Samsung Head Office has not sent new delivery batch to the courier company as it is not an essential product during the Lockdown. However we have escalated this matter further to the Head Office to release the next batch as restrictions have been revised

Communication will be sent to customers regarding the commence date of the Buds deliveries

0 Likes
Shade55
Active Level 3
Promotions
Still dont understand how Samsung couldn't get a permit under level 4 but many other retailers offered the option to purchase and deliver
0 Likes
CC123
Active Level 4
Promotions
This is going to take another few months just watch.
0 Likes
Jezzy1
Active Level 5
Promotions
kindly provide some senior department contacts for those who's buds have not been confirmed and have CITD forms awaited. Who and at what number and email do we contact at Head Office ? thanks
0 Likes
Draken8314
Active Level 1
Promotions
Your escalation clearly didn't mean much to Head Office. I claimed my buds+ on the 17th of March and still haven't received them. when following up with the courier company responsible for the physical delivery, I get told they haven't received anything from Samsung. After posing the question TWICE "Have you received anything from Samsung in the last six months?" the response was "no." now the "lack of a permit" doesn't mitigate *JACK* please provide me with a definitive answer as to when Samsung is planning on pulling their fingers out of their rear-ends and honor their own promotion.
0 Likes
CC123
Active Level 4
Promotions
In the same boat as you. Bought my S20 plus 10th March as well. Everyone gives a different answer at Samsung. Seems as though no one knows what is going on. They such a big company yet they couldn't get a permit which I think is **bleep**. I bet they delivering items that people are paying for but because its a promotion they couldn't care less at this stage.
0 Likes
Kishà1990
Active Level 1
Promotions

I have purchased  A Samsung S20 on the 19-05-2020, logged into Samsung members app to claim for the ear buds, there is no tab to claim. I have followed the steps but cannot seem to find where to claim.

0 Likes
Shade55
Active Level 3
Promotions
If this was a purchased item, we probably would have received a different experience/ response
0 Likes
CC123
Active Level 4
Promotions
exactly 💯.
0 Likes