Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Promotional "Free " gifts

(Topic created on: 04-16-2022 04:15 PM)
F23G
Active Level 6
Options
Promotions
G'morning Samsung Members. I've placed posts on this platform several times: 23 Jan 2021, 10 March 2021, 15 March 2021 & 4 May 21. These posts were related to the Marketing approach taken by Samsung in association with Providers such as MTN, Vodacom, Telekom etc. I specifically remember around about that time the S21 range was being launched and Samsung was offering "Free" gifts on selected products/Promo deals. 

Notably many customers, new, old, repeat and loyal, were venting their frustration and anger as a result of not receiving their Freebies. That was then, it's now February 2022 and Members are still showing their dissatisfaction with a very constipated claiming process or not receiving them at all. Next week sometime, the S22 will be launched and the same frustration will resurface. 

From 2nd January to now there have been 24 fierce complaints from customers who, by all accounts are loyal, die hard Samsung supporters .

Wherein lies the problem? Very few of these complaints yield any responses from the staff that manage this Member's App. If I understand it correctly, the newly purchased product has to be registered on this App before any claim can be made. So, someone on the Member's App should be able to provide some kind of support or direct folks to the relevant decision makers. 

The same applies to people seeking to update to Android 12. The roll out schedule was setback a month, so they don't trust the "Formal" schedule, forcing them to post individual requests. The support from this App's Management requires a lot of attention. Hopefully it will start improving. 
6 Comments
mustang111
Active Level 1
Promotions
Yea begining to think going to samsung was the wrong choice
0 Likes
SophiaBritz
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I complained here, asked for help with no response. Then I turned to "HELLO PETER" and wrote a bad review about the service, or rather lack there off. And suddenly I got some response. It's frustrating to have to struggle with people not doing their jobs.
Or it might be that they sell the "free" product not claimed(or rather people that gave up trying) and pocketed the cash or even product itself.

It's time for SAMSUNG to cut out this incompetent 3rd parties and just add the freebies to the phone as they have done before.
Duane89
Active Level 7
Promotions
You predicted the S22 story right, lol. My MTN pre order states i should get a Galaxy Tab A8 with. And to not my surprise, not redemption banner for the tab.
0 Likes
RPETE
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I beginning to think Samsung was the wrong choice as I am still waiting on my free tablet received a confirmation of my submission almost 3 months ago being successful, however have not revieved any confirmation as to when/whether my free device will arrive, really feeling mislead.
0 Likes
KitsuneFire
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I am aslo still waiting for my gift. I got my s21 fe in feb. Im am still waiting for my gift. I tried phoneing and emailed them a few times. What is the next step?
0 Likes
ClaudsH
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I was told after the fourth call to the MTN online call centre that my name would go on some Redemption list.. this after being sent between the MTN and Samsung stores... I asked when I'd hear back and they couldn't confirm that either.. VERY MISLEADING MARKETING IF YOU ASK ME :(
0 Likes