Original topic:

s21 ultra battery drain

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 08:30 PM)
blacque
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Hi all.

Have an s21 ultra. Noticing bad battery life. I can't get even 5hours screen on-time. Mind you I've reduced resolution to 1080p.

Anyone experiencing same issue? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dave21
Active Level 3
Others
@Blacque Weird how I'm getting much better battery life. And the overheating issue has stopped after about 4 days of buying the phone. I suggest you do the following:
1. Don't charge your phone overnight
2. Set up an auto restart time in the device care settings, or manually restart it everyday.
3. Optimize your battery every once in a while...some apps like Chrome and the Google app are battery hogs .
4. Ensure that you're on the latest software (at least installed 2 software updates since purchase.)
Hope this helps 🤗

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Comments
Others
I feel for you I have heating issues with mines 🥺
0 Likes
blacque
Active Level 3
Others
For the price these issues shouldn't be a thing. Imagine how much battery and overheating we'll experience when using 5g. I honestly miss my huawei. It was better optimised.. 4000mah lasted way longer than this 5000mah.i left samsung after that horrible device the s6... Decided to come back now, but I have regrets. What's the use of this 120hertz refresh rate and awesome resolution if I can't use it because I risk coming back with a dead battery... Argh
Others
yip I had a S4 also heating problems I left Samsung cause of that now still experiencing the same issues I really thought after all these years improvement would have been made but to me nothing worst of all we get Exynos versions
0 Likes
blacque
Active Level 3
Others
Aside from the cameras.. Nothing much to report really
0 Likes
blacque
Active Level 3
Others
And Bixby routines don't always work. The call blocking feature sometimes doesn't bother blocking calls. Samsung is terrible at software
Others
yeah just heart breaking spending so much money and you don't get the full use of the device
blacque
Active Level 3
Others
If I could return it I would. Maybe after this I'll move to ios... Cause this **bleep** isn't on
0 Likes
blacque
Active Level 3
Others
Best battery life so far... Laughable

Screenshot_20210209-201956_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Dave21
Active Level 3
Others
@Blacque Weird how I'm getting much better battery life. And the overheating issue has stopped after about 4 days of buying the phone. I suggest you do the following:
1. Don't charge your phone overnight
2. Set up an auto restart time in the device care settings, or manually restart it everyday.
3. Optimize your battery every once in a while...some apps like Chrome and the Google app are battery hogs .
4. Ensure that you're on the latest software (at least installed 2 software updates since purchase.)
Hope this helps 🤗
0 Likes