Original topic:

eARC issues on New Q95T 55 " QLED

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 04:02 PM)
Ramsy66
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Hi Everyone,  wish you all a great 2021.

I recently bought a 55" QLED, Q95T in India along with a Q800T Soundbar 

The screen is brilliant however I am facing an issue with sound. 

When I connect the TV to the Soundbar and select eARC auto , 7/10 times there is no sound on the sound bar or TV . However when I turn eARC off , the sound resumes . 

I has called Samsung and had a service engineer visit me. The technician couldn't figure the issue and simply did a reset of the whole system . There after I had to go through the whole process of logging into the various apps. The eARC started working for a few days . Now the problem is reoccurring and eARC is not giving any sound to the Q800T sound bar. I have tried several HDMI cables ( assuming it might be a cable issue ) still no result. I am rather shocked how such a thing could happen with the top of the line devices being sold at such a heavy premium by Samsung .

2nd issue is pertaining to the limited number of apps offered in the App store . One major omission being Discovery Plus which is what we all like watching .

I am looking for an immediate solution or a complete refund so that I may buy some other device that at least works as advertised. I feel cheated .

0 Likes
16 Comments
Ramsy66
Active Level 4
Others
Hi,
My issue is now fixed .

The software version i have is 1462

Suggest you update to this version then factory reset both devices, the TV and soundbar. Also for eARC to work seamlessly you need a 2.1 compliant HDMI cable .

No shortcuts .

Let me know if it worked for you
0 Likes
nskindia
Active Level 3
Others
I have bought Samsung AUE70 Crystal 4k TV and Q600A soundbar. I can't hear dialogues clearly no matter what settings I try including lowering the bass. Is the HDMI cable supplied by Samsung with the soundbar 2.1 compliant? I am quite disappointed with the audio quality of dialogues. Q-symphony is also totally disappointing. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Ramsy66
Active Level 4
Others
Try the setting of the soundbar in the smart things app. There might be an option to increase the vocals in the advance settings.
I am currently using a Q950A soundbar and the screen grab posted is from the adcance settings in smart things appScreenshot_20210808-135554_SmartThings.jpg
0 Likes
nskindia
Active Level 3
Others
Unfortunately Smart Things doesn't support Q600A!
0 Likes
Mamasmama
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi, i have the same issue. Did you update your tv since then? Is everything ok?
my tv now is on software version 2014.1. 
Will resetting tv and soundbar work??
Thank you

0 Likes
Ramsy66
Active Level 4
Others
Do 3 things
1. Update the TV
2. Update the sound bar
3. Change the HDMI cable to an eARC compatible one .
0 Likes
SimplyVikram
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi, 

Try this:

Remove all the devices from your TV especially the STB (Satellite Box) and then check the connectivity of your soundbar with the TV. I am sure it will work.

Secondly, if you want more channels on your TV, I suggest you buy a 4K firestick that offers most of the OTT channels.

I hope this will solve your problem. Let me know........

0 Likes