cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Who has Andriod 13 and or One UI.5? What can those of us who are waiting expect?

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 12:02 AM)
Kiigeッ
Active Level 1
Options
Others
I am really excited for Andriod 13 and One UI.5. However I do happen to live in South Africa so we tend to get these things a lot later than the rest of the world. So, just for a more personal feel what can I expect? What are some of your favourite features or changes with the new Software and Samsung overlay? 
9 Comments
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Others
Don't expect much change on the overlay itself. I don't have it but based on the videos I have seen it's mainly the multitasking in terms of split screen which I have experienced on my tablet with 12L , there's the new way to change your wallpaper on the lock screen like iOS and more colours for the colour palette.
Kiigeッ
Active Level 1
Others
Okay, so just like a face-lift really. Like it'll look a bit nicer and I'll be able to "work more efficiently"
0 Likes
Iamjustnjabs
Active Level 8
Others
I have it on the S22 Ultra, Colour palette is intergrated all over the UI, there are new UI animations and are quicker, New Lockscreen Customization with more options, New Ways of multitasking with spit screen and pop-up view, New Easier way to Stack Widgets, New UI haptics, Cameras have been improved.
aliogul
Active Level 3
Others
Samsung is being samsung. Now s20 series are receiving oneui5 but my s21u still hasn't.. I dont really understand the logic
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Others
https://youtu.be/nrQpvU6K4Cg

This is what Samsung released which isn't much for the Southern African région as Good Lock is region locked 😅
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Others
https://youtu.be/sVhYwyCeLwg

This is a more thorough breakdown of what changed if you hold a S22 series. But most features will reflect for other flagships.
Kiigeッ
Active Level 1
Others
thanks again for all this. never looked this deep into OneUi 5 as I thought we where never getting it 🙄.
But thank you for the vids
Kiigeッ
Active Level 1
Others
Hi I never saw this yt vid thanks for bringing it to my attention. Is Good Lock just the whole lockscreen interface?
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Others
No. It's way way more customisation that your average Joe will not need. I use a few myself but it was a headache to go through because there is so much to look into and I'm quite tech savvy 😅 if you want deeper customisations, just be ready because you'll use your phone very differently afterwards.