WhatsApp Pay India

(Topic created on: 05-18-2020 03:11 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
WhatsApp’s UPI-based payments service

How to Use WhatsApp Pay:

1. On WhatsApp, tap on the attachment button inside a chat window. All Android and iOS users should see a ‘Payments’ option.

2 . Tap on this, and new users will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions of the service.

3. After agreeing to this, users will be taken to the UPI registration screen. This process will follow the same process of authentication as any existing UPI payments app.

4. For first-time UPI users, you will be prompted to select your bank, following which your phone number will be validated. You will then be prompted to choose your UPI ID, and set an UPI PIN as mandated by your bank.

5. Once this entire setup is complete, users will be able to invite others by sending a payment request to those who do not have the service yet. Alternately, transactions can be made to existing WhatsApp Pay users.

*Both Sender and Receiver Should have WhatsApp pay to use it.

WhatsApp Pay has finally been given regulatory approval by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), according to a report by Business Standard. 

The approval comes after nearly two years of WhatsApp holding an invitation-only trial run for the in-app payments service in India, and follows the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s approval for the app that was reportedly issued recently. WhatsApp so far struggled to get regulatory approval for operating its payments interface due to issues with data localisation, but has reportedly agreed to comply with the government’s requirement for digital payments firms to store all critical data locally, within India.

July 2019, WhatsApp was reported to have over 400 million monthly active users in India. With reports of compliance with Indian data localisation norms, WhatsApp is expected to take time to localise its financial transaction data, and as a result, WhatsApp Pay is scheduled to roll out in phases.

Payments Page

Access payments page by

Chat home 3 dot's  top right corner >> Payments.

*WhatsApp Payment is being Rolled out in phases .
So, Payments page might not be visible for everyone.

I use WhatsApp beta , may be that's why i could see that.

-Also see other related posts - 
where Indian government is investigating  Facebook (owner of WhatsApp) over Whatsapp pay. 

Edit: This is Second Phase of roll out.

Due to data localisation rules whatsapp will provide this feature to only few portion of users ( data will remain in india only )

Credits: Ezpser
10 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Others
Still in Beta?
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
stable available for me.

I'm using WhatsApp beta...

it comes out in phases .. so i can't say it's stable for all User's

Thanks for your comment bro.
i improved it
Others
Mark Zuckerberg Gonna Take this data tooo🤪
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
It's more like he want to monetize WhatsApp.

They're also trying to implement ads in status for long time but it's been halted for now.

Lol.... hope he doesn't do that... many eyes are on him now.... might be difficult too
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

ok got it 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

in my what's app not showing at all  i mean the payment menu 

immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
it's been rolled out in phases Bhai...
may be i get it because
i use WhatsApp beta...

i improved and edited my post after your comment

thanks for the comment
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

ok 

ezpser
Active Level 4
Others
This is second phase of implementation in india after beta end of UPI in whatsapp .

not all users will get this on their whatsapp , few million users will get this

due to data localisation rules whatsapp will provide this feature to only few portion of users ( data will remain in india only )

as per whatsapp statement this is partial rollout only for now