Original topic:

Trick: How to play YouTube videos in the background without rooting your device

(Topic created on: 05-18-2020 01:20 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

How to play YouTube videos in VLC Media Player

Step 1: If you don’t already have VLC Media Player, go to the Google Play Store and download the application.

Step 2: Once you have VLC, open YouTube and go to the video you want to play.

Step 3: Click the share button that you would normally use to share the video with your friends. Scroll down the list of options and choose ‘Play with VLC’.

Step 4: Now the video should start streaming through the VLC Player. Hit the three-dot menu on the bottom right and choose ‘Play as audio’.

Your video should now start playing as an audio file.

So you can go ahead and switch to other apps or turn off the screen and the audio will still play.

Bonus: You now get VLC’s music control panel in your notification panel. This will allow you to easily scrub through the video to the parts you want to play. If you want to watch the video in a pop-up player along with other apps, you could also choose the ‘Pop-up player” in VLC.

- There are a bunch of ways to get the YouTube app itself running in the background, they all require your phone to have root access. However, here is a quick trick to get the YouTube audio running in the background that will work on any Android smartphone and takes a few seconds to execute.

Other Method:

• Open youtube.com on Google Chrome.
  • After the page is loaded, tap on the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right and select Desktop site.
  • Now search for any video and open it.
  • On the next page, your video will automatically start playing.
  • Now exit to the home screen, but you'll notice that the video will stop playing in the background.
  • Pull down the notification shade, and you will see the media controls of the video that you just played.
  • Now simply tap play and your video will start playing in the background.

* Also can use YouTube Vanced (with/without MicroG) or NewPipe Apks From Internet.

-Links are embedded in Text

(made via desktop version)

9 Comments
A34_5G
Active Level 6
Others
You can also download youtube vanced apk from the link below. It is youtube but moded!!!!
https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-vanced-apk/
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
i linked it bro....... click on YouTube vanced.

i made this using desktop version. so i embedded the links
0 Likes
A34_5G
Active Level 6
Others
sorry bro i misread ur post
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
No problem bro

thanks for your time and effort 🙂
0 Likes
Others
Awesome Dude
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
thanks dude
0 Likes
A34_5G
Active Level 6
Others
bro i am not able to play it through vlc. can u help?
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
yes....
what problem are you facing?
can you explain briefly please
0 Likes
A34_5G
Active Level 6
Others
whenever i try to share on vlc it shows this
0 Likes