Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Setup Samsung Pay with Foreign phone

(Topic created on: 07-28-2022 01:42 PM)
nickdeo
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Has anyone managed to try setup samsung pay with a Foreign phone purchased outside of South Africa (s21 ultra from Korea)? 
4 Comments
jhbguyza
Active Level 6
Others
Samsung Pay is based off of the phone's original country... As far I know there is not a way to flash and change it. If it's supported in Korea then it should work with certain debit or credit cards of yours.
nickdeo
Active Level 1
Others
I was doing some research on it and saw that some people has success with sam mobile and flashing the firmware. Not sure if it might work. Warranty isn't an issue for me.
jhbguyza
Active Level 6
Others
I was about to say that might void your warranty. Yes I saw some had a success with it but it comes with problems of your warranty being void that's why I did not want to suggest it as an option.
But if you have knowledge of flashing software then do that, please just don't brick your phone.
I hope you get it right though (:
Solution
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Others

Hi nickdeo

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that software and feature compatibility is region based. Kindly take the device to your nearest accredited service centre for a software reload. Please use link below to find a service centre near you

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

0 Likes