Original topic:

Samsung service has delivered a huge disappointment

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 11:27 PM)
kk2601
Active Level 1
Options
Others
I own a qled q60r tv(49 inch) which I bought last year(Aug 2019). Just a few days back, while I was watching TV, it suddenly turned off and I couldn't turn it on. The standby light was blinking and so I immediately called customer care. The technician had visited my home and checked the TV only to diagnose that the motherboard is damaged and has to be replaced. 
He quoted a price of 8,000+₹ as he said that my 1 year warranty has finished. I was shocked to hear that but he said that it is infact a common occurrence. So I requested him to discount me as my warranty was up just a few days back but he said that I have to contact the customer care and request for the service.
I called them and made a request to which they said that they have contacted the local service manager and that I would be receiving a call the next day by evening. 
It was all good till then.
BUT ITS BEEN FOUR DAYS SINCE and I have called them nearly 4 or 5 times and they have been giving me the SAME ANSWER(that they have messaged the service manager). I haven't received a single call and I have not been able to watch TV. 

The first disappointment here is the fact it's only been a year and I am up for repair which puts the trust and sustainability factor in question. 

Secondly, after paying nearly a lakh for a tv by considering it mainly for its brand value, the company is not able to provide me service that I am accounted for.

Thirdly, all I had asked for was to be discounted as such a repair cost and that too at this point of time(covid situation) was unforeseen. I had not done anything to the tv and it was an internal damage due to some external fault. Also your technician himself said that it is common technicality so i had put a request for in-warranty service and pleaded for help. 

Its very unfortunate that the company is not able to provide. Atleast you can just tell me(to cut the suspense) that whether or not this is possible. But this communication gap was unexpected. I Still request the company to resolve this issue through this forum. But either way, this experience has made me rethink my opinion on Samsung. Maybe I shall always be mindful from here on with my future electronic buys. It would be a great misfortune as I had always viewed your products very highly. Please be helpful while you still can.🙏

Regards,
Kiran Aluru
9 Comments
shasu
Beginner Level 3
Others
How can a reputed company like samsung behave like this. The customers will be feeling betrayed and will loise trust and confidence. Let us take it to the next level like social media , twitter and other channels to highlight their lack of service support.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
bro every company has a policy
so no matter your tv is 1lakh or 10lakh warranty finsish mean finish
what is wrong with it?
if everyone asking such thing then what would be happened
for e.g. my tv is for 10 lakh and its just 14 months old, and i asked that this is just 2 months over please do it in free or give me discount then?
and suppose they gave me discount then some body ask only 3 months over like that...
this would not be possible bro
and 2nd thing you asked for discount with technician, he can't do anything, he is just an employee of Samsung bro
what he could do
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
by the way you have to pay for that
if they woud really give you discount (which is not possible in my opinion)
then this would be out of the rules then you will be a lucky one.
kk2601
Active Level 1
Others
my warranty just finished a few days before and not months, if it were months then I wouldn't have asked.
and also I talked with Samsung customer support, not with only technician.
I mentioned it bro, please read carefully 🙏
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
i read it bro
but my point is for you this is just few days, i can understand as i also faced this issue with my product, it is not 1 lakh but very costly to me
and just after finishing the warranty period its gone but I have to pay
we can't say like this and if we think like that its quite natural but we can't expect that company should prefer our request
by the way i feel really sorry for you brother, dont get me wrong
after all i m also a customer
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
by the way if you not done yet try this to complain

go to this link and lodge ur complain to Samsung first

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=50&si...

then send email to service head

servicehead.in@samsung.com
kk2601
Active Level 1
Others
thank you for your reply bro
its just that I thought there must be some consideration toward my plea but the communication has not been upto mark
I just wanted to share my disappointment with our fellow members, that's it🙏
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
yes it should be done here
we should share our experiences here
Samsung_Support3
Options
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes