Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung sabotages Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 09-18-2020 08:02 PM)
trids
Active Level 1
Options
Others
20200828 - 🐞 Samsung has just made Samsung Pay all but useless, by hiding the 16-digit virtual card number. 
Why is this a problem, you ask?
Because half the POS devices I've been using it on in Cape Town, South Africa, prompt for 6 randomly chosen digits at payment time! 
Until recently Samsung Pay had been displaying this crucial number in an almost invisible half grey tiny font, at the most crucial step of a payment .. but now no longer. No, now they've REMOVED IT ENTIRELY (except for the last 4 digits). 
So much for being able to rely on Samsung!
🔥🔥🔥
4 Comments
HeinA
Active Level 3
Others
Am not in the least surprised. Clients are of no concern to Samsung
mfundisi
Active Level 7
Others
from your point of view is it wise to use it? I haven't used it yet
0 Likes
trids
Active Level 1
Others
Well until this fiasco, it's been brilliant. Actually, it works so well that some vendors aren't familiar with it and think their systems don't support it, but of course it works perfectly. In fact, it even scans Dischem's loyalty card whereas Dischem's own app doesn't scan. The only problem I've come across is that some new "personal" POS devices don't work with it, but I've only seen it fail in one such case (a "Yoco" device), and all formal traders use regular POS devices anyway.
But as for security etc .. zero problem. It was working overseas for 3-5 years before they brought it out in SA.
And so it's extra sad now, that it's Samsung itself that has thrown a spanner in the works in such a spectacular way.
trids
Active Level 1
Others
20200918 - Resolved
See "Samsung sabotages Samsung Pay - Pt3"
0 Likes