Original topic:

Samsung or Iphone?

(Topic created on: 03-26-2023 09:08 PM)
asp1495
Active Level 5
Options
Others
Hi...

I want to know if I am making a mistake to switch to Apple???

Please let me know!!
10 Comments
F23G
Active Level 6
Others
Apple will give you better phone security, I think that's a known perspective. However, Samsung offers a wider range of phone products, for different income groups. IPhone's are pricey though so you need to weigh up what's important to you.
asp1495
Active Level 5
Others
Well your answer did make an impact on my decision, that's for sure...My importance is security and Samsung isn't helping really with that right now....I don't know maybe I am wrong...But yeah that is a big decision to make!!!! Thank you
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Others
If you want security, go for iPhone but you will to also look at your entire gadget ecosystem and the compatibility. If you are using a MacBook it's fine, if you are using a windows laptop, get ready for frustrations. And your iPhone won't be as flexible as Android because it works in silos
Ash_42
Active Level 3
Others
Haha. Security! Omg. 🤣 You know so little. Clearly you don't read the blogs attached to security updates for either iOS or Android. iOS recently updated a horrible WebKit Vulnerability that existed for years!
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Others
Well I know more than you think I know. Generally iOS is the more secure platform due to the measures Apple implements. Their app approvals approach is more stringent than Google, which still let's apps masquerade as legitimate apps and then retrieving your data. Google has stepped up it's efforts but it's still behind.
0 Likes
Ash_42
Active Level 3
Others
I have a few certificates from Stanford that say I know a thing or two about computer security.

Apple practices security by obscurity. If you hear anyone praise Apple for its secure environment, then you know for a fact that this person knows nothing about computer security.

Maybe search Apple's security explanatory notes from iOS 16.1 to 16.3.1 and ask yourself, "Well how will users from older devices get that important WebKit update given that Apple locks old users out of getting critical updates?"
0 Likes
Others
Good gawd!! A **bleep** swinging contest in this day and age? What are you like four? 🙄
0 Likes
Ash_42
Active Level 3
Others
University students are aged "4" according to you?

How can someone say that Apple is "more" or "less secure" than Android? On what basis? How can the same person provoke me by saying he knows "more than me about security"? If you want to show people that you are a tech expert, then let your reply show it. Funny enough, you anonymous coward Mr "AllNicknamesTaken" has no issues with this?

Thank you for your absolute zero contribution. People like you serve no purpose in technical forums and deserve to be blocked.
0 Likes
Others
Yes if they talk like you do. Complete and utter lack of self awareness 😂 It's a wonder you can even get your over-inflated ego out of your house to get to university.
0 Likes