Original topic:

Samsung explains mystery alert sent overnight

(Topic created on: 02-21-2020 09:48 PM)
TheFixers
Active Level 7
Options
Others

Samsung has apologised after it accidentally sent an alert to thousands of devices overnight.

Affected devices received a notification from Find My Mobile in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Some customers complained on social media that it had woken them up, while others worried their device had been hacked.

In a statement, Samsung said the alert had been sent unintentionally to a "limited number" of devices.

Thousands of customers posted on social media and news site Reddit, many sharing screenshots of the notification and asking what it might mean.

It affected Galaxy devices running on Android O or newer - including Samsung's latest Galaxy S phones, its new Z-Flip device and some Samsung tablet computers.

The alert did not contain any meaningful text and did nothing when it was tapped.

Samsung said the message was the result of an internal test and that it had not done any harm to the phones that received it.

4 Comments
TECHCASPER
Active Level 6
Others
Even I was one of the victim.But honestly I thought it was a mistaken done by my self 😜🤪🤪
TheFixers
Active Level 7
Others
same goes to me also..kind of weird right..
0 Likes
Others
well samsung said in the comments that it's a mistake and they apologise. so pls forget it
0 Likes
TheFixers
Active Level 7
Others
khali walli
0 Likes