Original topic:

Samsung Free

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 10:57 PM)
sidiculous
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Samsung Free is rubbish. Can Samsung please enable switch to Google Discover again? It's not fair you're forcing us to use that garbage. The news may be customised for me, but it has no idea what I want. The news is filled with fluff pieces like cricket, Bollywood, tollywood, big Boss, lifestyle and other nonsense I have no interest in. Even though I've removed those categories in preferences. I barely see 5 percent of useful news on Samsung Free. 

Google discover, on the other hand, knows exactly what I want, and the feed knows exactly what to show me. Plus it embeds the videos it knows I love, and shows me other personalised content like bill reminders, birthdays etc. 

It's just not fair that you had the option earlier, but you removed it. This is abusing your dominant position to push mediocre products and not allow any other options.

Does anyone know how i can do this without rooting? I don't want to change launchers, because i love everything about OneUI, it's picture perfect, except for Samsung Free, which is an insult to a beautiful UX. Please restore the option to use Google discover and let Samsung Free die. It's suffering. Please!
15 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Others
Same feeling!! Have you tried long press on home screen and change the left swipe to Google discover?
sidiculous
Active Level 6
Others
Yup. Used to be there, but the only option is to turn Samsung Free off.
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Others
You have not mentioned your device but presuming it has actually been removed now, the only way to access Google Feed is by clicking on the Google logo on the Google search bar.
sidiculous
Active Level 6
Others
Note 10+. The option was there before, somewhere down the line, it went away. You can only turn off Samsung Free. You can't change to Google Discover like you could before.
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Others
Got your point. Samsung actually disabled it 1st to push Free, then again made it available in 2021 devices. Hope they give it back in one ui 4 update.
0 Likes
Sanju98134
Active Level 6
Others
S20FE 5G main bhi Google Discover option hona chahiya
Others
It is not disabled for me , Might br glitch, try restarting 1638949011501.jpg
0 Likes
sidiculous
Active Level 6
Others
No fair 😟 which phone? And are you updated?
0 Likes
Others
F62
0 Likes