Original topic:

Samsung Exynos processors

(Topic created on: 04-28-2020 02:47 AM)
saloha95
Active Level 1
Options
Others
I have been using Samsung for quiet sometime, changing my Note series every year, where I come from, we have been always receiving the Exynos version,  the devices always over heats when it comes to gaming and the cameras performances aren't the best comparing to the snapdragon versions, am planning to preorder the Note20 when it comes out but hopefully I would like Samsung to consider the Snapdragon version in the Middle East and hopefully in the entire world because we aren't getting the best performance when it comes to.the camera and gaming adding to this, the devices do really overheat. 
7 Comments
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Others
hi, yes the exynos processors are inferior to snapdragon but you should also know that the latest snapdragon chipsets and the one note 20 will have dont have 4g variants and only come with 5g, so you'll have to pay about 100$ more for 5g you probably will never use yet. qualcomm only releases 5g versions of their chipsets now. while with exynos versions, you can still go with a 4g variant and save a lot of money. so there still is a big price advantage with exynos. also you should know that samsung will use an improved exynos chipset for note 20 compared to s20 series.
saloha95
Active Level 1
Others
I wouldn't mind the Exynos if it gets to be competitive with the snapdragon, in fact that will be a big step in all Samsung phones but if it remains with the same issues then I wouldn't mind the extra 100 dollars for the 5G chipset by snapdragon cause my experience with snapdragon is really disappointing
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Others
yes i understand that, although samsung is planning on abandoning some of their exynos chipset parts and using some from google, which are guaranteed to improve the performance of exynos chipsets MASSIVELY. it wont happen for note 20 though, its said to happen in 2021 possible for galaxy s21 series and onwards
saloha95
Active Level 1
Others
that's what I saw too which means the Note 20 might experience the same issues as the Note 10 and Note 9 adding to this if they could extend their software updates, I started using the note series starting from the Note 8 and before this I was an Iphone user and I had an Iphone 8 plus, till now the 8 plus still gets software updates and a still with a good performance, and hence I upgraded with the Note series, yes my overall experience has been way better than Iphones but if they can manage to work on this, Samsung phones will be far better than all competitor
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Others
update: good news! some rlly trusted leakers are reporting note 20 to have a new exynos processor, which is more powerful than snapdragon 865! it will be called exynos 992 with 6nm process instead of 7nm on 865 and ex990. its also reported to be more power efficient and 1 to 3% faster and more powerful than snapdragon. these reports come from south korea after samsung's south korean exynos developer team got quote on quote "humiliated" after samsung decided to use 865 in south korea instead of the native ex990. looks like they were determined to improve the chipset and the news are looking promising.
saloha95
Active Level 1
Others
that will be great news but you the Note always comes with the upgraded chipsets like the 855+ with the Note10 but if they will include this news Exynos chipset, i'll be really excited for the unboxing and the preorder of this phone, that will be a game changer
IAMYASSER
Active Level 2
Others
Samsung you son of a gun...you sell substandard processor Exynos to India, UAE and all the 2nd world countries, you also limit app availability region-wise. Then why not simply reduce the price in these regions? You capitalist **bleep**.
You charge us same but give **bleep** while you give better quality and service to US and other regions.
What does this make you?
What do you think, people in India and UAE doesn't deserve good things. You racist piece of shi*
Atleast Apple sells the same processor and products to all without prejudice. Being loyal to you is of no value. I dont know why I got Note 10 plus again. Should have abandoned you for life. But you know what I'm not going to let my family and friends to buy your substandard products. And also sell this Note 10 plus away and get Oneplus or even an Apple but not Shamesung again.

Appeal to all who think justice must be given equally, demand Samsung for compensation or Ban Samsung for its hypocrisy and prejudice.
0 Likes