Original topic:

Review and Rating contest | Email | Fraud or True

(Topic created on: 11-28-2020 04:11 PM)
anshulmittal232
Active Level 2
Options
Others
I received an email stating that I am the winner of the Samsung Review and Rating contest. The email is sent by aseriescontest@samsung.com and signed by Samsung.

Will this be a genuine email? All of my personal details are already there with Samsung but the number of details asked in the email arouse suspicion. Moreover, Samsung never asks for photo ID proof as what customer care told me and given on Samsung website. 

Can someone guide here please? 

Update (9th Jan, 2021): the mail seems to be genuine. After repeated reminders to them, I received a reply, that all my documents (which I mailed them) are verified and soon they will mail me the details of the courier through which they will be shipping the prize. 

15 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
contact them on WhatsApp and by using get help section and try to get confirmation

Screenshot_20201110-145908_Samsung Members_63169.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-123833_Samsung Members_62566.jpg

Others
WhatsApp is only for technical support with your device. They don't explain these details
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
then contact on get help section
Others
I contacted customer care through mail and they told me that this is a genuine email. I want to confirm if the winners have to bear the GST as mentioned in T&C.
0 Likes
Others
sir please check below notice in notice section of members app

Screenshot_20201128-162329_Samsung Members.jpg

Others
Yes you can contact on that email membersindia@samsung.com
Others
Looks like real but still may be its a scam, have you participated in such type of contest. Because I don't think as winner Samsung ever ask for Pan or Dl such type of things, because only aadhar is enough. Also samsung has private Email ID so it will only ask address only. Its scam
Others
Samsung does ask for these proofs from winners, but the mail should be from membersindia@samsung.com
Others
When I called customer care, they said, it is not genuine and I should ignore it. When I contacted them on WhatsApp and gave the screenshot, they said, it is genuine. 🤷
0 Likes