Original topic:

Repair a Broken Samsung USB Cable by Yourself (DIY Tutorial)

(Topic created on: 01-22-2020 04:53 PM)
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Options
Others
Samsung USB cables are quite modular; if you broke one, you don't need to buy one if you have some skills and some fevicol (or any other blue for that matter).

Note- Works on cables that broke at the Micro-USB end. Can also work on USB-A end if you are experienced in such procedures.

STEP 1 Cut the Micro-usb part and seperate it from the cable.

STEP 2 Open the plastic and metal sheath of the connector.

STEP 3 Remove the broken wires by removing top part of clip (with metal protrusions on the inner surface) and put in fresh wires in the designated places, R W G and B are all color coded, make sure they are of the same length.

STEP 4 Putting back the top half of the clip automatically penetrates the wire and establishes a connection (like in an RJ 45 connector).

STEP 5 Close the sheathing in reverse order, that is metal case first and then the plastic case with a drop of feviquick and then make a seal with fevicol or use a glue gun if you have it.

YOU NOW HAVE A BRAND NEW CABLE! 

You have saved money and done something for the environment. Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a treat.

Sources- I have spent my own time and energy to discover and make this repair a possibility. I had many broken cables lying around so i thought why not try to repair them, took me a day, some cuts on my fingers and some fevicol to make it happen.

My repaired cable is going strong since more than a year and is probably stronger than the original one.
1 Comment
Others
Thanks bro