Original topic:

Other 'storage'

(Topic created on: 02-29-2020 04:30 AM)
TheHowler
Active Level 1
Options
Others
How to deal with other storage? Deleted caches and the count barely even moved, it's taking a lot of my space and it's irritating
0 Likes
5 Comments
gsilverveilb
Active Level 6
Others
Clearing caches won't do much because it really doesn't large files in them. The ones inside your storage is the one you should sort through if you need more space. You probably have so many photos or videos.Sort through them and delete those that are unnecessary or you can transfer them to a portable drive if you don't want to delete any.
TheHowler
Active Level 1
Others
but the images and videos are under 300mb and the "other" storage is over 29gb
0 Likes
gsilverveilb
Active Level 6
Others
I have to be honest. I looked for this "other storage" but I couldn't find it in mine. Where is this ?
0 Likes
TheHowler
Active Level 1
Others
well i found it through the '"files" app, and then "analyze srorage"
0 Likes
gsilverveilb
Active Level 6
Others
Now I see them. I don't know what are those precisely but I doubt you will be able to delete those without causing problem with your phones function. As you can see on its labels, I assume some of the files on "other storage" includes those that is used by the phone's system for it to function. Personally, I only sort through what I can readily access which is photos, videos, files (like downloaded pdf) and apps that I installed. When the system do updates they also add files to your phone storage so that could mean those updates are included in thoses "other storage" so I don't think you should mess with that. Sorry...
0 Likes