Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One 6.1

(Topic created on: 05-14-2024 09:31 PM)
PurpleDicer
Active Level 3
Options
Others
You guys weren't joking when you said South Africa gets updates last. I don't think I've ever actively check this much for an update to release.
7 Comments
Smekahle
Active Level 6
Others
It might come in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
0 Likes
JohnKuchi
Active Level 7
Others
I think you need to change carrier or buy phones belonging to India or Europe and not Africa
0 Likes
Smekahle
Active Level 6
Others
Like who does that, bringing a device from another country costs more.
Nicky_sam03
Options
Others

Hi JohnKuchi.

Just to set your expectation, various international devices/ products have different parts and features (including software ) . For this reason it is not recommended to purchase your device from a different region as your device will not update, and some feature that the model supports may not even work. Also, we do not offer international warranty. Should you have an issue with a device from a different region all services will be charged

0 Likes
RAGED
Active Level 5
Others
The One UI 6.1 update is being rolled out gradually across different regions. Keep checking your device's software update regularly to update
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Others
Everything is gradually with samsung south africa. They are asleep,and korea exporting is the only reason why samsung soith africa still exists, ios in south africa has much more energy
0 Likes
Nicky_sam03
Options
Others

Thank you for reaching out PurpleDicer

There are a few factors to keep in mind when it comes to our rollouts. 

1.Software updates are released in batches, therefore, not all devices will be able to update at once. The reason for this is to maintain a stable rollout.
2. There are network locked devices (when you purchase your device from MTN, Vodacom, Telkom, etc.), these devices may receive updates later than unlocked devices because the updates have to pass through the network carrier for configuration to suit their network before being released. This is why you find people using certain networks receiving updates before others . 

3. Also, it is important to note software varies per region, that is why we just cannot release software at once as it has to be configured to suit each region.

I hope this brings some clarity