Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Need suggestion!

(Topic created on: 07-25-2020 02:21 PM)
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Options
Others
If I already updated my software through mobile data and facing some bugs glitches. Next time when I'll receive any update and update my software through SMART SWITCH. Will it override those glitches?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
yes ....I wrote many posts regarding this 🙂 ..as Samsung providing non A/B partition type of ota update hence it's the correct and recommended method only over simply install software by using mobile data or wifi....see each and every time mobile data will not create problems but most of times if can...if that software will not installed fully or correctly then it creates software holes over a genuine software and produce various types of issues in device by which this forum is full with..🙂

View solution in context

18 Comments
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
yes ....I wrote many posts regarding this 🙂 ..as Samsung providing non A/B partition type of ota update hence it's the correct and recommended method only over simply install software by using mobile data or wifi....see each and every time mobile data will not create problems but most of times if can...if that software will not installed fully or correctly then it creates software holes over a genuine software and produce various types of issues in device by which this forum is full with..🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
actually why .....it happened with mobile data..please understand by this post by Mr.sai Rohit https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Partition-system-in-Samsung/td-p/4990523
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Others
Is this really the case?
when we download important bios updates etc there is certain series of codes known as checksum values which are used to check the integrity of the download.
Also in certain other devices I have seen that the update package is actually encrypted which is decrypted once the download is complete.
Surely Samsung also may have certain technique which assures the integrity of the download.
Also again if the ota updates were this unreliable, then people would have reported diverse and major glitches each time they update their devices considering the majority updating the device OTA and the quality of network connectivity in most of the regions are not good though customers are most likely quite uniformly distributed.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
this is the case only ....i am using galaxy handset from 2012 I allaways maintain that..I installed software each time by smart switch or odin or through Samsung service center....not a single issue is present in my old note3 as well as new s9 devices....i can play pubg just like butter smooth even in note 3 also where s20ultra like devices lagging it .....if mobile data or little fluctuating wifi is process then none of the same device will suffered from different different types of issues by same software update it's never possible....if that software have built-in bugs then all same type of devices will show same type of issues ....but continuously post by users in forum not indicating that ...maximum people faced issues by simply install software by realy not recommended sources which is not stable without a single fluctuate.....Samsung thatswhy introduced smart switch that people's can get software hole free, bug free devices......ask any software engineer or developer team they allaways give priority of flash or install software by other methods over data
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes brother this is the case if you follow news then you should have known this. Around 2012-13 or 2013-14 there was a big backlash on Samsung and there is this issue where every S series and j series mobiles used to get bricked with every update they release. Users have to visit service center for every update to unbrick devices. Those times Samsung has this app called Samsung kies which detects bricked device and initialize emergency firmware installation. But also kies interface and ui is somewhat difficult and not all users able to use it. Then they released smartswitch with integrated kies where user can backup, restore and even update devices. As of odin Samsung itself uses it. And firmwares are open source from 2014 where developers can use to create their own. Samsung officially has a mail I'd for xda developer user where they can request firmware and firmware is sent to your registered mail. Sammobile is one of it they are legal and gets firmware from Samsung itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
jo software mobile data se install kia aur wifi se sabko bhugatna para kabhi na kabhi ....humare device me to nehi hota .....can you believe it pubg game frame rate decreasing and lagging in s20 ultra like devices.....they all are blaming to exynos chipsets....are exynos chipsets se pahele software holes ko ane se roko 🤣🤣 ..poor gaming experience, poor camera performance, poor gaming experience, ui lag,ghost touch, brightness or display colour banding issue, not charging properly, charging stuck on 85% ,battery start draining from 15% ,battery draining faster at night, navigation gesture not working properly, fingerprint sensor slow......ie sab hawa me udke ate hain kya?🤣🤣🤣🤣 mobile data or little fluctuating wifi procedure hi nehi hain software install ka to keyun maan lun me use? firmware flash kia to agar software me koi bug hain built-in to sare same devices me same issues dikhayega......
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Leave it bro. Just a time waste of arguing and typing para's of points. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes brother harsh truth is that these people who argue with us are not android enthusiasts. They get satisfied with what Samsung gives. They never experimented with their devices, used adb, fast boot commands, rooted their devices, installed magisk or used twrp, installed custom roms. And argue that you can't clean android partitions. Lol, what twrp clean system or other partition does they never knew. Me as a android enthusiastic try to get most out of the device. Whereas these people argue over small things and calls you "expert by Google". I think these people never visited xda developers page. 🤔🤣. So, don't waste your time arguing with this people. Just say your opinion and leave. I started ignoring some I suggest you to do the same. 😁😁