Highlighted
Active Level 1

Hello Samsung,

I am looking for some assistance in updating the firmware of Samsung NVMe SSD PM983 Series (1.92TB, M.2) MZ1LB1T9HALS-00007 and i am not able to find the firmware for it ,i have checked your website fully but not able to see any option to download the firmware separately except for SAMSUNG MAGICIAN.

I did download the below utility ver (6.2.0)on my Windows 2016 server and tried to flash the firmware but i am not able to find the option saying update firmware anywhere (I have also attached the image) 
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/ 

Current ver is EDA7202Q and i need to update to EDA7402Q (Now please don't tell me EDA7402Q is not launched i see EDA7602Q is also launched :) )please see the below link from Vmware )
https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=vfrc&productid=45924&vcl=tr...

I need this for Vmware (6.7 U3 )and windows 2016 , but i need to test this on windows machine first.

I would really appreciate if you any one can assist and share the steps or any video showing how to flash the firmware on Vm ware and Windows.

Thankssamsung.png

7 Comments
Highlighted
Once, check to update from device manager.
Highlighted
Active Level 7
Samsung Magician for windows?
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
I am not sure because I have always used Intel NVMe SSDs, but do you see an "Update" button on the bottom left of the screenshot, I think that is it, or you may search YouTube.
Highlighted

@Anikroyale   that option (but do you see an "Update" button on the bottom left of the screenshot ) is for the utility and when i click on that it says tool is up to date , also in youtube there is no much info :(

Highlighted
I am sorry then, I cannot help more.
Highlighted

Thanks for checking :) , I am surprised  Samsung doesn't have answer for this query 

Highlighted
Samsumg support officials are not present here. We are general members and users of this community, and there arebmany things which even we experts don't know, like I said, I have never used Samsung NVMe SSDs, I have always used Intel NVMe SSDs, you can call Samsung support, or can use the live chat option.