Original topic:

Need firmware for Samsung NVMe SSD PM983 Series (1.92TB, M.2) /Part Number: MZ1LB1T9HALS-00007

(Topic created on: 10-16-2020 11:52 PM)
Amar_727
Active Level 1
Options
Others

Hello Samsung,

I am looking for some assistance in updating the firmware of Samsung NVMe SSD PM983 Series (1.92TB, M.2) MZ1LB1T9HALS-00007 and i am not able to find the firmware for it ,i have checked your website fully but not able to see any option to download the firmware separately except for SAMSUNG MAGICIAN.

I did download the below utility ver (6.2.0)on my Windows 2016 server and tried to flash the firmware but i am not able to find the option saying update firmware anywhere (I have also attached the image) 
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/ 

Current ver is EDA7202Q and i need to update to EDA7402Q (Now please don't tell me EDA7402Q is not launched i see EDA7602Q is also launched :) )please see the below link from Vmware )
https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=vfrc&productid=45924&vcl=tr...

I need this for Vmware (6.7 U3 )and windows 2016 , but i need to test this on windows machine first.

I would really appreciate if you any one can assist and share the steps or any video showing how to flash the firmware on Vm ware and Windows.

Thankssamsung.png

0 Likes
7 Comments
Others
Once, check to update from device manager.
0 Likes
Kawsar4s
Active Level 10
Others
Samsung Magician for windows?
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
I am not sure because I have always used Intel NVMe SSDs, but do you see an "Update" button on the bottom left of the screenshot, I think that is it, or you may search YouTube.
0 Likes
Amar_727
Active Level 1
Others

@Anikroyale   that option (but do you see an "Update" button on the bottom left of the screenshot ) is for the utility and when i click on that it says tool is up to date , also in youtube there is no much info :(

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
I am sorry then, I cannot help more.
0 Likes
Amar_727
Active Level 1
Others

Thanks for checking :) , I am surprised  Samsung doesn't have answer for this query 

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
Samsumg support officials are not present here. We are general members and users of this community, and there arebmany things which even we experts don't know, like I said, I have never used Samsung NVMe SSDs, I have always used Intel NVMe SSDs, you can call Samsung support, or can use the live chat option.
0 Likes