Original topic:

July Security Update - Samsung is no longer allowing you to downgrade software

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 03:19 AM)
noahm
Active Level 8
Options
Others
Just an FYI, as the topic says... IF you update to the latest security patch of July you cannot downgrade your software again on your device.

This is because with the July update, Samsung has updated the fuse versions of Knox. It's a part of Knox's "RP" which stands for "Rollback Prevention".

The RP fuse version number is set when system software is initially installed and when specific updates occur. Once the RP fuse version number is set, it is impossible to revert back to legacy software versions.

You can read about this more here:
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
I am German, I am learning English and Sinhala and studying in Sri Lanka, can you speak German? Avoid insulting others, you are a selfish person who talks about technology with no experience
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
I think if the situation gets worse he will go to war with you ... German bloodthirsty don't care what anyone says. I'm right if they say arrogant 😅😅😃
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
😅😅
He likes attacking me for some reason. But hey, let's not generalize. There are super nice Germans. This guy just has some perception and anger management issues.

He is from Germany (apparently) living in Sri Lanka but his device CSC is South Korea. He never once mentioned it. I saw his screenshot on another post today. If he had said that, I could have checked further whether the fuse change wasn't done for Korea. Simple as that. But no... just had to go on and on.
There was another post he pulled this same stunt but he stopped replying when he realized he was wrong and didn't read the latest replies on that post. 😅
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
I think he also realized that something was wrong somewhere .. he must have understood.But your behavior is commendable.cheers  brother 😁😁
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
You say I're wrong, but what I said is practically what happens, 100% sure is true no matter what anyone says after the July update that the software can be reduced to Android 10 even after the software update.
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
As you mentioned my device is a North Korean device and the international device chipset is Exynos so I bought this because of the Snapdragon processor
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
What I said is true, you can try it in practice, this person understands that what he said is wrong and tries to turn it into a conflict, he does not have the intelligence to understand that the argument is not a conflict
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Lol. When did I say here you were wrong though?? I never said it. I said I will check and update the post IF there is a correction to be made. Can you READ??

The post I was referring to in my reply to Kalpa is Niki's post where you were behaving like an idi○t when she already talked with me in the same post and said the issue got resolved.
Plus the only "solution" you are typing on people's posts is to flash firmware.

You are just talking about your device not the rest. The fuse updates just might be regional specific. Without blabbering like a lunatic, go ask your question on ANY Android/Samsung forum.
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
I'm talking about not only my device but all Samsung devices
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
OK. ASK YOUR QUESTION ON AN ANDROID FORUM.
0 Likes