Original topic:

How I automate my Samsung Galaxy phone using Bixby Routines

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 04:07 PM)
ShajedurRahman
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Probably  Bixby Routine is the most underrated feature of Samsung Galaxy devices, at least it seems so. Bixby Routines can automate device functionalities based on situations(like time of the day, remaining battery percentage etc.) or do multiple tasks at once for just a touch. I intend to share my routines and find out how other Samsung users use this feature. 

Auto Rotate Screen
Auto rotation of screen is useful for some situations but not for all the time. Like when watching movies or YouTube, auto rotation can make the video play in full screen. But while reading ebooks or surfing the web on Samsung Internet or any other browser of choice, auto rotating to landscape mode is irritating. Especially when doing these on bed lying, accidental rotation feels annoying.

So, I created this Bixby Routine. When I open YouTube, Video or Calendar app, bixby automatically triggers screen rotation. So I don't have to pull down notification panel turn on auto rotation to enjoy YouTube video on landscape mode when I change my phone orientation. When I close these apps, phones auto rotation gets turned off automatically.

Hotspot
Sometimes my broadband ISP gets worst in speed. I have to rely on my phones 4G connection for surfing on both phone and laptop at that time. I used to turn on Hotspot manually before. For this I had to pull down notification panel, turn off WiFi and then turn on Hotspot. Or I used to say, Hi Bixby, turn on Hotspot. Bixby would reply, turn off WiFi first to use Hotspot. So, even with Bixby I had to give two commands.

I created this Bixby Routine and placed the button on screen. Now I just have to take my phone and tap the button. Then bixby just turn off my WiFi, turn on mobile data and then make ready to use my phone data on my PC. How cool is that?

My Hotspot button on home screen 

Busy
I created another button Bixby Routine for my busy time. When pressed, it turns on DND. And anyone calls during that time, it sends him/her a text messages asking them to call later or text me. 

I created few other routines for low batteries and night time battery saving. So, are you using Bixby Routines. Share if you have some fantastic ways of using this bewildering feature. Probably, I'll make my next routine inspired by yours 🙃🙃

8 Comments
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Others
My routines

Screenshot_20201105-155827_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-155846_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20201105-155856_Bixby Routines.jpg

Others
You don't need the second option for Reading Mode routine if you have smart lock on body detection enabled from Settings > Lock Screen >Smart Lock >On-body Detection.

This keep your phone unlocked when it detects bodily movements presumably for phone usage. It keeps your phone awake detecting your eyes contact.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20201106-013222_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Others
but it can't trigger data on when app is opened
0 Likes
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Others
Previously when screen goes off routines
gets automatic off but now its not .i have to close the app or press home button to turn off routine.i don't know if its a bug or samsung did it intentionally.
0 Likes
Others
I'm not sure.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
👍👍👍
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Others
Its ok
0 Likes
Samsung_xXpXeEy
Beginner Level 2
Others

Can I send  message automatically by bixby routines. I can't find this option 

0 Likes
Others
yes you can. but you have to specify criteria for you you want to text. let me clarify by example. I have two routines called 'Sleepy' and 'Busy'. I created two these two routines triggers when I press start button. I created two withgets button on home screen. you can see them on picture above. when busy is active, if someone calls s/he will get text "I'm busy. I'll call later. Text if it is crucial."

hope you have understood.
0 Likes