Original topic:

Gear S2 classic - Dial discolouration

(Topic created on: 04-14-2018 06:30 PM)
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Options
Others
There's a sudden discolouration of the the dial on my Gear S2 classic. I want to know if it has happened to anyone else, and if it is something that was covered in warranty.

Note: My watch was never exposed to water or high humidity even though it is IP67 rated. So the reason must be something else271352e3-3d6b-41f1-8c61-1bcf224ee320.jpg
cc4230df-a7cc-4664-b099-b7730e3a434a.jpg
0 Likes
14 Comments
roshini96
Active Level 8
Others
download this👉http://url.sg/samsung-update-
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Others
No issues in mine, have been using it for more than 2 years. Water and humidity is not the problem, mine is subjected to those quite often. Has it come into contact with any corrosive atmoshpere? It probably wouldn't be covered under warranty.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Others
Definitely didn't subject it to any corrosive environments. I've been using it more than a year and this discolouration wasn't gradual, but happened overnight while the watch was just sitting on my desk in an air-conditioned room. It's quite weird that I couldn't find any clause for discolouration in the warranty terms too.
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Others
Happening overnight sounds a lot like corrosion or some organic build up. Does it rub off with isopropyl alcohol?
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Others
It has been sitting on the same desk since quite a long time. I don't think there's any possibility of any induced corrosion. I will try cleaning it with some alcohol and see if it makes any difference
0 Likes
GouravC
Active Level 5
Others
It's just the upper coating of zinc is getting deoxidized and the inner metal is exposed.. it happens when you touch it with wet hands or in contact with sweat
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Others
The watch is rated for IP67, so I believe it shouldn't be having any issue with water
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Others
I think you meant to say that the coating was getting oxidised, there is literally no way for something having no oxygen to get "deoxidised". Anyway, moisture or any amount of water will not do that.
0 Likes
GouravC
Active Level 5
Others
It is rated for internal damage not for colour and coating. next time go for apple watch they are much durable.
0 Likes