Original topic:

Galaxy Book 2 decreased battery life after windows 11 22h2 update

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 08:48 PM)
biswadeepmondal
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Hi, I am facing worst battery life on my Galaxy book 2 (NP750XED-KB1IN) laptop after updating to Windows 11 22h2 update. Previously battery used to last for 5-6 hrs having same power configuration and normal browsing but now it has starkly decreased to 1 to 1.5 hr max. Please update the drivers and provide us with latest updates. Previously it was working so well and I loved using it now only 1 hr battery backup!. Please don't ignore the loyal samsung customers. I tried resetting the PC but still no betterment.
10 Comments
Srinivas_
Active Level 7
Others
While using on the battery, change the performance mode to the best efficiency on setting and also don't do hard-core work on the battery 😑 Intel will **bleep** up your battery cycle regardless of having a U series processor... and also leave the insiders you want good battery backup.. you can also monitor your battery health with powercfg. command... whether the battery life depleted or not...
Others
I don't use insiders built, I reset the battery by full discharge and charge 3-4 times in order to re-calibrate the battery, even tried rolling back the changes. Strangely battery performance improved when I rolled back to old windows build. But that doesn't solve the issue how long shall I pause windows update, even as a user I am enthusiastic to use the latest windows built but sadly in 22h2 build the battery backup falls down drastically. I looked into windows forums as well , even other users reported same. I love windows and I love Samsung. I have S20FE and phone link works better than before only the pain point is battery backup in new built. While researching online realised from other posts by users that this issue is due to drivers , despite we selecting the power mode the processor is running at full power. Hence we need update from samsung to rectify it via driver updates.
Srinivas_
Active Level 7
Others
Don't calibrate your battery, lithiumion batteries don't require Calibration, just go to device manager on battery uninstall the battery drivers then just restart...
Others
Okay will try bro, anyways just saw you are using s20fe 5g as well, bro are you getting n28 band on Jio?
0 Likes
Srinivas_
Active Level 7
Others
Naa, only n78..
memayur
Active Level 6
Others
How to delete battery drivers please share some details about it.with screenshot and steps.
0 Likes
Srinivas_
Active Level 7
Others
Hello Mayur, it's pretty easy
1. Device manager
2. Expand battery
3. Right click on acpi battery then uninstall the driver don't forget to check the box saying wants to remove the driver from Device.
4. Restart the laptop.
0 Likes
memayur
Active Level 6
Others
Device manager not found it's device care showing not showing Three dots when I expand battery
It's running on latest one ui 5.1 android 13
Please share new tips for improve battery backup it's too fast draining after 5.0 update please share me you battery tips
0 Likes
Srinivas_
Active Level 7
Others
Sorry brother you got this wrong, I am talking about Windows, not one UI, For One UI you can reset your phone, if the reset doesn't help wait for another update.
0 Likes