Original topic:

[Fixed] Photo Processing Bug In Camera App (Galaxy S21 after May Update)

(Topic created on: 05-16-2022 10:17 AM)
abiddd
Active Level 1
Options
Others
When you take a photo and view the photo right after you've taken it, the image shown after "processing", does not change.

However going to the gallery and viewing the same photo, shows it as processed and correctly.

But the camera app doesn't show photos correctly after processing. It stays the same although the loading icon has finished right after taking the photo.

This is a new bug I've spotted. I have updated my Galaxy S21 (Exynos, UAE) to the latest May Update 2 days ago and have only noticed it now.

I'll try some solutions to fix it for now and let you guys know if it works

Edit 1: So this happens to both, front and back cameras. I've also restarted my phone and this issue persists. So if you quickly tap the photo right after you take it and it finishes processing, the smaller photo in the "photo bar" below changes but the main photo showing doesn't change. Note: this happens only in the camera app, not the gallery app. 
But, Going back to the camera and then going back to view the photo, shows the processed photo. Or, after taking the photo, wait 3 seconds, and you can view the photo and it'll show the processed image. Quickly tapping the image after taking it will process it, but will not properly show after it has done processing.

Edit 2: The issue has disappeared. I don't know what fixed it, but after some time I noticed it didn't happen anymore. 

Solution: Just wait some more and give time, charge your phone completely and it should automatically fix itself, I think

If you need more info for fixing the bug, I can provide screenshots or logs upon request

3 Comments
Others
Thanks for sharing, cheers 💕
Ashgrao
Active Level 1
Others
I've got the same issue after the May update. Night mode doesn't work anymore and photos aren't crisp at all. Processed photos do not show up on the camera app. Very disappointing after having spent a fortune on buying a supposedly high end s21 ultra.
0 Likes
abiddd
Active Level 1
Others
I think just wait a while or update your apps and software and see how it is in June or so