Original topic:

Feedback from a Loyal Consumer

(Topic created on: 01-27-2024 01:45 AM)
BearXXV
Active Level 10
Options
Others
Dear Samsung,

I am writing to provide feedback on your Galaxy devices, which I primarily use for entertainment purposes, including watching movies and shows.

One of the key features that attracted me to your devices was the support for HDR10+ on your high-end models. However, I have noticed that this support is not consistent across all platforms. To my knowledge, only Netflix supports HDR for Galaxy Devices, and even then, it does not appear to be HDR10+. My first Galaxy Device was S20FE which I was told that has HDR 10+ display but Netflix never certified it.

Recently, I purchased a movie from Google TV that supports all HDR formats. However, when I played the movie on my Galaxy device (using Youtube and Google TV app), it played in Standard Dynamic Range (SDR). While I understand that this may be due to limitations on Google’s end or other respective platforms, it ultimately affects me as a consumer.

When we purchase a device, we often pay extra for niche features like HDR10+, Symmetrical and Thin Bezels, Dolby Atmos and nice design etc. However, if we are unable to fully enjoy these features due to inconsistent support across platforms, it diminishes the value of our investment.

I am aware that Samsung has been partnering with companies like Snapchat and Instagram to improve support on Galaxy devices. I would greatly appreciate if similar efforts could be made to ensure consistent HDR10+ support across all platforms.

Considering switching to another brand for their consistency is a thought that has crossed my mind. I believe that addressing this issue would greatly enhance the user experience and maintain customer loyalty.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Loyal Customer. 
2 Comments
K_K_Y
Active Level 10
Others
You need to watch on TV
BearXXV
Active Level 10
Others
Yeah, why do manufacturers put such features in smartphones in the first place.