Original topic:

[FRAUD MESSAGES]

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 11:28 AM)
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Options
Others
Dear all fellow community members, I've recently heard rumors regarding spam messages which seem to be sent by Samsung but are absolutely not. I recieved one such message and it is as below:

THESE ARE SCAMS RAISED BY FRAUDULENTS AND THEY AIM TO TAKE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LIKE EMAIL, ADDRESS, NAME, AND OTHER SENSITIVE INFO. Even if the email address mentioned seems to be from Samsung, its not. If you ever win any contest organised by Samsung, you can check that on Samsung's official website (www.samsung.com or you will recieve  an email from membersindia@samsung.com). In other words, it's PHISHING.

See what Samsung SA said about this:

Ive not seen any such official statement from Samsung India yet, but if this fraud continues, Samsung India might as well release one.

If you ever win any prize or promo award from Samsung, Samsung will contact you from their members app on your own account. They surely wont send any message like this asking for your personal info.
Many people may fall for this scam only because the email address may seem legit. So, I request Samsung India to look into this too.

So, guys, always look for Samsung's official website or the members app for such announcements, and dont believe in such fraud messages. And if you ever receive such message, report it.
4 Comments
Others
Hello Edo,

Good Info! But inorder to stop these messages, you can start DND service on your phone.

I hope this will work, Thanks again for the information.

EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Others
Yes, sure but there are many other people who are not much into tech, like our parents, who can easily fall for such scam. So, the post was intended for such people, to better understand what this is and to protect themselves from same😁😁
beastsb
Active Level 4
Others
or download kaspersky av
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes bro I think you should have mentioned about dnd in this post itself as vivek bro said.. ✌️✌️
0 Likes