Original topic:

Devices and UPDATES...

(Topic created on: 03-21-2019 08:07 PM)
Bonanto
Active Level 7
Options
Others
Hey there!
People these days are pretty much running after "Updates" and complaining, why their old devices are not getting more and more updates...

Let me Explain...

✒️  First of all, the Karnel support. Sometimes the old kernel does not support a new OS and its API. Custom ROM are cooked for them with a modded kernel and new OS.
✒️  And android update policies. Even Google promises to give 2 major upgrades and doesn't even guarantee to deliver security patch after support ends. Like Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL support ends in October, 2020. And Google says it clearly on their website, that they do not guarantee to deliver regular security updates too. Until then, the device will get every update, upgrade and customer support. (hence, pixel 2 (xl) customer service is extended until 2021)).

... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Why or How Apple manage to deliver updates...
Apple has different policies, different hardware (so kernel obviously). And they Charge more... And you can see yourself , as well as I experienced that, old Apple devices (iPhone 6, 6s, 7) lost their good performance with iOS 12 upgrade. But iPhone X, XS, XR manages to do well.

Similarly, A Pixel 1 phone has been tested with Android 7, 8, 9 and 10 (N, O, P, Q) and the device performed best with Android N and O. Q (though it is in beta) has played too lagging and Sloooooww...
Link to the speed test video : https://youtu.be/Gd2lC6OCIkA   Ft. Gary Explains.

So, go after performance, not "unnecessary" Android version upgrades. A security patch is necessary, yes I admit. But for version upgrades, companies needs to think twice. ...
Happy Computing! I'm Bonanto, the free elf.. 😁
0 Comments