Original topic:

Dedicated Bixby button

(Topic created on: 02-22-2019 11:00 AM)
SpaceCrazy
Beginner Level 4
Options
Others
I recently updated to One UI and was impressed with all the amazing changes to the interface. And today I discovered that the pesky, unwanted dedicated Bixby button is active again. After going through what should have been a few simple steps to disable it, I discovered that the unwanted option is being foisted on unwilling users. The option to disable the dedicated Bixby button is not available anymore (at least in the MENA region). Not sure what kind of genius at Samsung came up with the suggestion, but it is sure to upset loyal Samsung customers and ruin their experience of otherwise great products every time they launch Bixby by accidentally touching the pesky dedicated button. For me, just the fact that I am being forced to use something is reason enough to never use it (and to make it known to people around me). My One UI experience is like receiving a bucket of pure milk with a goat dropping floating in it. Not very smart Samsung.
0 Likes
2 Comments
Foronisus
Active Level 1
Others
They said that in future update you will be able to change the button to work with any button.(source:youtube so not very sure if true)
I have s8 and I have never accidentally clicked the button I don't know why many people have that problem
Joynts
Active Level 7
Others
Hopefully thats true