Original topic:

Breaking News 📢 OnePlus challenges Samsung with 4 OS updates for all flagships!

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 10:14 PM)
TheFastestIndian
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

OnePlus comes up to challenge Samsung’s after-sales OS and security updates dominance. At an OxygenOS Open Ears Forum in London, OnePlus confirmed (via 9to5Google) that “selected devices launched in 2023” will now get 4 OS updates and five years of “regular” security patches.

Samsung is still ahead of OnePlus as the former OEM joined one year older flagship lineup in the new policy, while the latter is making announcements for products that will launch next year.

18 Comments
NOOB_1ST_ACC
Expert Level 5
Others
But samsung is giving in midrange also like a33
rohans69
Active Level 8
Others
Bro you can bet after 2 OS upgrades A33 is gonna act rubbish cause the chipset provide won't handle 4OS upgrades ,I had an A31 after 2 OS upgrade it hangs gitters ,freezes and heats up and further slowed down the charging.
NOOB_1ST_ACC
Expert Level 5
Others
But I have m31 it is still working smoothly, yes sometimes it stutters but everything else is great
I am with latest patch
rohans69
Active Level 8
Others
I am talking about a series and FE devices which gets 4 OS Upgrades.
M series won't get more than 2 OS upgrades ,Upto 2 OS is fine but still show some issues here and there.
0 Likes
NOOB_1ST_ACC
Expert Level 5
Others
But u said 2 updates will form issues, I gived example
0 Likes
rohans69
Active Level 8
Others
Well yes my M52 shows quite a lot of issues be aware while updating to 2 nd OS
I doesn't happen to all devices but it happens
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
So, that's the same case for A53 too right?
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Others
That's why samsung s good at it giving 4 os to its mediocre devices like a33 and a53 and a73
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yup, even devices like F23 (SD 750G), M33, M53 etc could easily last for 4-5 years, if samsung does not intentionally decrease performance and/or stability.
0 Likes