Original topic:

Breaking News 📢 OnePlus challenges Samsung with 4 OS updates for all flagships!

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 11:09 PM)
TheFastestIndian
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

OnePlus comes up to challenge Samsung’s after-sales OS and security updates dominance. At an OxygenOS Open Ears Forum in London, OnePlus confirmed (via 9to5Google) that “selected devices launched in 2023” will now get 4 OS updates and five years of “regular” security patches.

Samsung is still ahead of OnePlus as the former OEM joined one year older flagship lineup in the new policy, while the latter is making announcements for products that will launch next year.

18 Comments
rohans69
Active Level 8
Others
But the question is will devices like A33 handle 4 OS upgrades,cause I think it's a nightmare for SD 750G to take 4 OS upgrades.
Forgot F and M series they won't get 4 OS upgrades for sure.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Doesn't matter if it'll get or not, the point is that they are supposed to handle 4 major OS updates without any issues. And SD 750G is more than capable to take 4 OS upgrades( and even more, I'm sure you've never used a custom ROM in your life or you would've known the true potential of an Android). And if A33 can't handle it, then samsung shouldn't have promised 4 major OS updates to A53 and A73 also.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Others
This guy is just spreading hate without any logic. And then lamenting that others are calling him a chinese fanboy. On his post I saw him claiming that Samsung copied the "home screen customisation" from Apple. Lol, I mean seriously? 🤣
I am sure that he will also claim that Samsung copied AOD from Apple.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Others
This is exactly why you faced opposition on your post. You are just hating on Samsung. Now you are assuming that A33 will hang in the future because A31 had issues! What logic is that? A51 had terrible hanging issues due to the Exynos 9611 chipset. Does that mean A52s with 778 will have the same issue?

This is exactly why you are called a fanboy of OP and hater of Samsung. Communicator here has merely posted a fact and hence there is no hate on him. On the other hand you made a post and then started degrading Samsung in the comments based on prejudice and misconceptions like Samsung copied from Apple while those features were available on Samsung for ages.
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Others
Nope
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
A33 is promised to get 4 major OS updates and 5 years of security patches.
0 Likes
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Others
Ofcoufse it will get.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Oh, you replied 'nope' here so I thought you were unaware of this fact.
Others
Bro, I'm Samsung’s Note fan, OnePlus OxygenOS fan and iPhone fan 😉
0 Likes