Original topic:

Blocked Numbers can get unblocked after Emergency Call

(Topic created on: 01-13-2020 11:14 AM)
karansingh005
★★
Options
Others
There is built in protection that when you're smartphone contacts Emergency services through Emergency Calls that is present on lock screen, the blocked numbers will get disabled until you yourself enable the block back again from a notification or until two hours.

This is done, so that Emergency Services can call you back without any trouble.

Hence, if call blocking something that is crucial for you, this information might help you. 

9 Comments
DhruvJain2298
Active Level 8
Others
Never knew this, thanks for sharing! 😄
Others
I came across only when I accidentally pressed Emergency calls on my lock screen. 😅
DhruvJain2298
Active Level 8
Others
Accidents lead to revelations. 🌟
BD4
Active Level 6
Others
that's something new🤔
WorldForger
Active Level 1
Others
Does it send anything to blocked numbers ?
0 Likes
Bryan2k22
Beginner Level 2
Others

How is this even useful? First, no one knows it even exists, second, why would I have emergency numbers blocked? I wouldn't block emergency numbers.. Third, I never made an emergency phone call the times this showed up on my phone..
So, lets see how this works......
If I make an emergency call, samsung unblocks my blocked numbers so while I'm having an emergency, all the idiots I blocked for spamming me, can now spam me. That's just what I want, to be spammed while I'm having an emergency... So while I'm trying to get help, I can't, because spammers are tying up my line.... I know, not likely, but it could happen. The ONE time I really need those numbers blocked is when I need to speak to the people helping me with an emergency...

Insanesmilez
Beginner Level 3
Others

Lmaoo!! This comment I'm sorry, this was hilarious! But you are absolutely right! Samething happen to me I put the phone down, next thing you know this happens. Weird.

0 Likes
ashishindani
Beginner Level 2
Others
This is ridiculous. Someone whom I had blocked, got an access to my phone duets accidental dialing of emergency number. The person practically bugged me for 4 hours....
Lillyhkm
Beginner Level 4
Others

I didn't make an emergency call but I received this message and now all the spammers are bothering me again. 😫

0 Likes