Original topic:

Automatic Updates Android Pie

(Topic created on: 03-21-2019 09:46 AM)
Mistaaah
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Is there any way to set the phone to NOT do updates for security and software automatically in Android Pie?

Problem is, I have activated secure startup and so when the updates happen overnight, the phone doesn't start and thus Alarms don't trigger in the Morning until I enter password for Secure Startup.
0 Likes
3 Comments
aramis
Active Level 10
Others
commonly security updates comes with the normal sw updates as well so i dont know how it cannot be included.. nontheless, it is confusing that you wont update security but other members here are not happy when such updates are delayed
Mistaaah
Active Level 1
Others
obviously I need all the updates. it's just that I want to stop them from executing overnight. I would prefer to select when I can do the update so that I can immediately unlock the secure startup and continue with my day.

Overnight update doesn't allow alarms through and then I miss my bus!
0 Likes
Mistaaah
Active Level 1
Others
Today I received another update but this time it waited for my input to either install immediately or schedule for later. This when I have now removed secure startup. Looks like Samsung is closely monitoring! I'm scared to try secure startup before next update and again miss my alarm. 😅
0 Likes