Original topic:

Airtel : SIM 1 not allowed

(Topic created on: 10-03-2019 07:56 PM)
Ani24T
Active Level 3
Options
Others
I am getting "SIM 1 not allowed" error on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. My network operator is Airtel. I have restarted my phone several times and also tried selecting network manually with no luck. Any idea on how to fix this?

32 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
replace your sim 1 to sim2 slot and see what happens...
0 Likes
Ani24T
Active Level 3
Others
I did. Gives the same error for SIM 2 this time.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
I think it's fault of your sim card
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Others
goto airtel care they will help you further
0 Likes
Others
Did you buy the phone on Contract, if you did, no wonder the new SIM Card is not allowed. You cannot use any other carrier until you fulfill your entire contract.
0 Likes
Ani24T
Active Level 3
Others
No, I didn't buy it on contract. And I had bought this phone 2 years ago and used the same SIM without any issue. This just happened all of a sudden a few hours ago.
0 Likes
Others
Hmm, strange indeed. I would have my simcard replaced for a new one, cause their is probably a fault in the Sim chip itself (being optimistic here).
0 Likes
Maryss7edge
Active Level 1
Others

I Have s7edge after recent update..I started to get phone call issues..I went into settings and saw my call waiting greyed out and then the message to check my sim card and network that it couldnt read it! Could this be along same issue?? 

0 Likes
Charankopparapu
Beginner Level 2
Others

I am also facing this issue "Sim not allowed".  Is this issue is with Airtel SIM or mobile ? I have tried to place the SIM in different slot and no use.  Please help me.

0 Likes