Original topic:

45watt charging

(Topic created on: 09-12-2023 02:58 PM)
taq2
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Hi everyone 
Recently i bought a samsung trio 65watts charger for my galaxy s23ultra, along with a besus 5amps 100watts cable with display port which shows how much power is being transferred via cable, also i have a separate usb power meter to check the wattage drawn by the phone. I am surprise to notice a very strange behavior of charging like when the phone is at 8% battery it pick up full charging power but as soon as the wattages reaches 30-32watts it suddenly drops to 0 and then again start to move up to 30watts and then goes to zero, it doesnt go beyond 32watts in any case. First i thought it was the issue with the charger so i got it changed under warranty but still the new one is also behaving like this only. Its tripping from 30-32 watts to zero watts and the cycle continues and then stays at 25-24 watts for the whole charging to 100%. I have tried this with other cable of 5amps but gave same issue. I dont know where is the problem why is it not going beyond 32watts. Aalthough it show that it is connected to superfastcharging 2.0 for the whole cycle even it is charging at 15watts.
5 Comments
samfan91
Active Level 10
Others
Is your phone charging within the time as claimed by Samsung? If then, no issues and the peek 45W only happens in certain conditions and nothing to worry about.
taq2
Active Level 2
Others
Its taking 1hr to fully charge, but why is it fluctuating as if there is some problem? Going to 32watts and suddenly drops to zero its like switching on and off continuously hope this doesnt cause any issue in my fone
0 Likes
samfan91
Active Level 10
Others
I also have an usb charging tester. The output wattage always fluctuates. I suggest you test that Baseus cable with different charger/device.
taq2
Active Level 2
Others
I have another 5amp cable and a separate USB C tester even in that its going off after reaching 32watts.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support

We acknowledge your issue and request you to please report the problems of your Samsung smartphone with a log file. Please share the device log file within 15 minutes of the issue occurrence by using the error report option via the Samsung Member application. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.