Original topic:

Contacts read only

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 11:38 AM)
gomzyj
Beginner Level 3
Options
Kolkata
Hi, my contacts are now showing as read only, all of a sudden. I seem to have lost most of my saved numbers even though they are showing on Truecaller. How to get rid of this problem?
5 Comments
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Kolkata

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Check device in safe mode:

Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Samsung Members App > get help> Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Members_RBNlVJ7
Beginner Level 2
Kolkata

I did alll of that but now, the phone is starting to delete the current contacts!!!

Need help asap as I can't add new number nor do anything that has to do with adding.

ShanthiD
Beginner Level 2
Kolkata
gg
PaulineCoan
Beginner Level 2
Kolkata

My contacts have gone read only since the last upgrade. No new apps have been installed. I have managed to edit one number but cannot add a further number to it nor can I add a new contact.

squintzal
Beginner Level 2
Kolkata
I tried in safe mode but it still shows read only account n I can't add any number