Original topic:

Phone battery Very fast Drain

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 08:25 AM)
RexJaat
Active Level 1
Options
Jaipur
My Samsung galaxy note 8 battery 20 % in  than in 2 minutes very fast Drain and phone switch off.
How solve this problem. ?
4 Comments
NazmulHasan
Active Level 2
Jaipur
it is an older phone,its happening by age ,To get out this problem sell it and buy a new one..
0 Likes
bk666
Beginner Level 2
Jaipur
my samsung mobile A30 processing very slow, please give me fast processing tips
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Jaipur
You can start with following to resolve battery drain issue:

1) Check if any recently installed app is causing the problem. You can check battery usage by going in "Device Care" and clicking on "Battery" section. Uninstall any app if you find that its causing battery drain.
2) Check if your memory card is faulty or needs formatting, as sometimes read-write causes battery drain issues.
3) Check if you have good network range or if SIM card needs to be upgraded / changed. It is a good practice anyways to change SIM card (without changing the number) if it has not been changed for the last 5-6 years.
4) You can try "Clear Cache" option from Recovery menu. This will not delete any data on your phone.
5) If all of the above does not work, take backup of your phone including Contacts, Messages, WhatsApp data, etc. and Factory Reset your phone. It is recommended to do this after a major OS upgrade. This should solve most issues on your phone.

Don't charge your phone every time. Keep it between the range of 15 - 90% for better battery life. Or calibrate battery (if not already done) by draining the battery to 0%, charging to 100% (don't use your phone during this full charge cycle) and then again drain battery to 0%. This will reset the battery stats.

If everything mentioned above fails and you still face major battery drain issue, then hardware (battery) is damaged and needs to be replaced by going to official Samsung Service Center.
Hope this helps 🙂
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Jaipur

Hi there,

To resolve the issue please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the given link: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

Regards,
Team Samsung Members