Original topic:

Samsung M30S - Price for Motherboard and PCB repair/ replacement?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 09:04 PM)
Samsung_5QCIXR3
Beginner Level 4
Options
Hyderabad

Hello Samsung community! 

I bought Samsung M30S in Dec 2019 for about 14K on offer from Amazon.  This week the phone shut down and froze at the boot screen showing the Samsung logo and nothing else loads.  I tried booting it as per the Samsung Customer Care guideline on call, but nothing happened. So I got their customer care service center number and requested pickup from home. I had to pay Rs 200/- in advance for the Uber to them directly online (I requested but have not received any paperwork or document proof for the handover).

Anyways, after the diagnostic I came to learn that the motherboard and PCB is damaged due to moisture/ humidity and it needs to be replaced which will cost 8000/- (warranty period is over). I am requesting them for a bill (amount breakup/ details) - so they sent me a blank Service Request Document on Watsapp without mentioning any details about the issue or the amount in it.

When I am trying to ask on call, they are not clear nor reassuring on the timeline but saying it may take upto 4 days.

Anyone else already had similar experience? Are the charges correct if someone can verify who already got their phone fixed?

6 Comments
Monu124
Active Level 7
Hyderabad
Don't waste your money on repairing . Buy a new smartphone
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Hyderabad
These are the prices on official site
These are without taxes
Usually motherboard replacement is costly after including taxes and labour charges
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Hyderabad
If you have budget and you can manage then wait for M22 or M32, buy a new one
0 Likes
Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Hyderabad
0 Likes
thamizh007
Active Level 5
Hyderabad
For me they cost 5k for replacing motherboard
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Hyderabad

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes