Original topic:

Display becomes greenish

(Topic created on: 04-20-2020 06:45 PM)
Ahmed9999
Active Level 1
Options
Hyderabad

Hi Samsung India

1. It was observed that on a white/colored background, we can see the burn in of the icons. (attached pic)
2. When I manually adjust the brightness, from 0 to 20%, the display brightness increases. When I increase the brightness more, the display suddenly reduces the brightness and goes greenish. When I keep increasing the brightness, grey horizontal lines are visible across the display and the font changes as well. At 50% brightness, the transitions on the screen are in slow motion and screen is green in color.
3. When the brightness is set beyond 50% then the display is still greenish, horizontal lines are still visible and the brightness is still low.
4. At 100% brightness, the lines are barely visible, the display is on the warmer side.

Because of the above, it is impossible to use the phone keeping the brightness on auto mode. The battery is draining fast because I have to keep the phone at 100% brightness to see the screen/phone. The display is horrible to look at.

However, when i unlock the phone after resting it, the display works normally with or without auto brightness. Then it goes back to its yellow/green tinted, horizontal lines, faded font display. This shows that the display is capable of being normal. But something is making it go bad, maybe recent update, bugs, drivers etc.

I was searching for some solution on the net and I came across that many other Note 9 users are facing the same issue. Most of the phones were affected after 1 year and before 1 year 5 months. None of them have dropped their phones or misused the phones. The Samsung Members users have many threads featuring this problem with a very vague revert from the Samsung team.

I gave hard reset, factory reset and cleared the cache as well many times. I have also charged the phone 100%, checked it till it has 10% battery & also gave it a rest for 1 day. But nothing's working

Therefore I want my phone to be replaced or my problem to be resolved ASAP, I never thought samsung will cheat like this no one is responding service center people are telling to replace the screen, my phone is still scratchless i hardly use it but i m very disappointed with Samsung now,  i have invested my hard earned money into Samsung, after this I dont want anyone to buy Samsung. 

Please revert for my problem as to what has to be done.

Please replace with new handset for my trust to remain intact 
 Thanks 
2 Comments
sensam
Active Level 7
Hyderabad
all note 9 users are facing this issue after march update
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Hyderabad

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand the inconvenience you have faced. We sincerely apologies for the same. Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Check device in safe mode: Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

If the issue still persist, we request you to please follow the below mentioned path and share the same with us so that we can investigate further and give you the best possible solution.  

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes