Original topic:

Some Gaming Review on Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 01:17 PM)
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Options
Gaming Hub
Temperature remains on an average more on PubG. Once in PubG it touched 44°C(Once throttling was seen at this temperature point though the Game optimiser pulled it back to 42 again) too but in CoD is was smooth and with no over heating(Ave temperaturebetween 38°C to 42°C. Looks like PubG not only just is not wanting to develop higher modes for Exynos, it doesn't even want to optimise the game for Exynos. (May be due to partnership with OnePlus)

CoD is a way better optimized game as compared to PubG.

So if PubG is the main reason you want to buy a phone of 1L then as per me better you could look at an iOS device as in those app optimisation done by PubG id way better in comparison to Android. 
17 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Gaming Hub
From your graph seems PUBG is much better optimized compared to COD. Look at the dips in fps, pubg is more linear that means It's better optimized. Also seems you weren't playing on Extreme settings and were limited to 30fps on PUBG?
0 Likes
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Gaming Hub
Dips in FPS is when game is not being played and is in home screen or chosing from letout. that time FPS need not be max.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Gaming Hub
There are many small dips in COD and it's not as linear as PUBG. That means PUBG is better optimized. Is it so hard to Understand?
0 Likes
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Gaming Hub
The FPS is round about 40 all the time in PubG it was not 60. even then the temperature shooted up. Not sure why was it 40 though the Mas FPS mode was on. Will check back again. that's where I say CoD is better optimized in comparison to PubG.

My setting for PubG in the game was Ultra HDR
0 Likes
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Gaming Hub
only constant FPS is not optimisation. is it so hard to understand the meaning of optimisation?? If in running just 40FPS the game pushes the temperature to 42 plus and upto 44, its not optimized.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Gaming Hub
Well if you would have seen tech reviewers, they use fps stability as the best indicator of optimization. If is optimized nicely that's why it's able to run with stable fps at 42°C-44°C. The temperature is because Samsung has overclocked the GPU to unsafe limits just to close the gap with SD, but Exynos 990s Mali gpus can't remain at that frequency for long, also the temperature and power input is a function of the kernel as we have seen 15k device perform nicely on the same apps.
0 Likes
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Gaming Hub
yeah in many cases it can be. but here PubG was not even running at 60 FPS but 40. So let me check out in 60 FPS. So in Smooth Extreme it should play 60 FPS right? will test it that way.
0 Likes
Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Gaming Hub
it was played with Max FPS setting let me check.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Gaming Hub
You have to check the in game graphic settings not the Game launcher settings.
0 Likes