Original topic:

Samsung Gallery - Auto Tag

(Topic created on: 09-22-2020 01:58 PM)
LordoftheFlies
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
Hi. I really liked and used the one ui gallery app's auto tag feature, but since 2.5 update on my S20+, that feature has vanished. 

I couldn't find any way to re-enable auto tagging or to manually tag people in my photos(the icon which shows up on the top right to manually tag on a photo is also not visible) . Does anyone know of any way to do it or any information regarding the same? Thanks!
0 Likes
7 Comments
open gallery>select image and check screenshot
0 Likes
Exactly my point, this icon is not showing up for any photos I have clicked after updating my gallery app.
0 Likes
and second this one
0 Likes
That just adds a hashtag, not a facial tag for the people in the photo.
0 Likes
Have shown you both the options..First one appears only when we select human faces..

note:: it won't appear for live focus mode and front camera selfies
0 Likes
This is a normal photo, with my face clearly visible, but the icon to tag doesn't pop up, neither is it getting auto tagged.

That's the whole issue I am facing 😕

Samsung should atleast make manual tagging enabled at all times. And it makes no sense to remove it now.
0 Likes
Was that live focus or portrait shot?(if so, then it won't appear)
or
clear gallery cache/data and try again..

also check for photo editor and gallery update

and what i observed..if face is sidewards or its little far like in your case or there is no proper lighting, this option is not visible..please, you also check..and rest its working properly
0 Likes