Original topic:

Granting adb permissions for ported apps

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 09:25 AM)
suhanparadkar
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
As there is a huge list of apps and permissions,  I will be posting a method to grant permissions to your ported apps

1)Download app warden

2)Connect to adb via computer 

3)syntax:- 
pm grant

You can get package name and required permissions via app warden 

Package name👇

Permission👇

Here there are 3 required permissions in this app...

Well, if you see other apps there are as many as 20 to 30 required permissions 

Note:- 

1) Just found out that secure folder has additional dependencies with BBC agent,  container service,  and personal home.

2)some permissions may require signature verification to be disabled 

3)If you are a rooted user, you don't need adb, you can do this using app warden 

4)Also you don't need to mod apps to install apps like Bixby routines if you're a rooted user 

5) See my previous posts to check how to port apps using Sai
30 Comments
veer
Expert Level 5
sent adb how to connect with computers also share adb exe
0 Likes
akashmaskara
Beginner Level 2

Hi I have done each step as mentioned by you. I have granted 1st and 3rd permissions for Quickstar but unable to grant 2nd permission its saying as no permissions specified in adb. Further I also cannot find quickstar in app warden

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you grant permission?

Can you please give the command to use in adb?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done all the steps and typed the command but when executing the command it's showing that command is not a changeable type? How to solve this error?

0 Likes
SMzeeshan
Active Level 3
Same with me the signature permissions are not changeable. Because of this error no good lock modules or apps are working. Please help me if you found out the solution
0 Likes
Hunterbolt
Active Level 1
gotta say bro you're just awesome. thanks a lot for this. one question tho, I'm a rooted user and when i try to edit the permissions with warden, most of them are immutable. bcuz of that i couldn't get lockstar,routines, file guardian and battery guardian to work. can i do something about those immutables?
0 Likes
suhanparadkar
Active Level 6
oh yeah.... you can actually disable signature verification in package manager...
or , if it doesn't work, then convert these apps into system apps...
that way you can also use samsung dex in your phone... if you have all those apps sideloaded
0 Likes
Hunterbolt
Active Level 1
I have signature verification disabled using lucky patcher iirc so guess I'll try converting to system app
0 Likes
suhanparadkar
Active Level 6
Good luck with that
0 Likes