Original topic:

Galaxy Store - Auto Installing New Apps Without Permission

(Topic created on: 08-30-2020 11:47 AM)
Excalibur69
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
why the hell galaxy store is installing Moj & MX Share applications automatically.

i didn't installed and neither gave permission.

i connected my device to wifi
and boom store installed these 2 apps forcibly.

it's annoying
I don't wanna use it

auto-update is disabled in store and in device.

and what's difference between mi and samsung if this is the case.
were not expecting this.
Excalibur69
Active Level 2
and for some reason there are 2 galaxy store.
disabled everything in both
update marketing choice
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
yes sometimes we get some apps get installed automatically.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Better will be just uninstall updates from Galaxy Store and never use it.
0 Likes
DinoroxX
Active Level 7
samsung bik gaya he
PrakharM
Active Level 1

Ok i recently updated my m21 device to one ui 2.5 and today it started downloading some apps like mx takatak and extra I had downloaded an app from play store which tells how much data an app uses and all so I went to today section and an app named app cloud had used approx. 200 mb of data so I just disabled the app and disabled background data the name of the app using net in background

'app cloud' and the app i used to check net usage 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter

Hope this helps🙂🙂

0 Likes
Rahulthewall
Active Level 4
yes its anyways "Samsucks". you cannot avoid these things from "samsucks"..just go to settings n block, disable, anything in the galaxy store app like marketing, run in the background, auto update etc..disable all of them n uninstall updates. Next time you open, the app won't run unless you update it. don't forget to uncheck the update automatically at the bottom when you open the app again after disabling all the options under settings
0 Likes
GiorgiT
Beginner Level 2

What the hell this really is, seriously? I kept receiving some strange small apps installed on their own, but Initially, I didn't pay much attention, as often times, some applications are installing their appliances for proper functionality (like, plugins, which they need), but now it's too much.

I have read other comments suggesting disabling AppCloud in Galaxy Store Settings; however, AppCloud was also installed by Galaxy Store, automatically.. also, I have read to disable Marketing Choice.. which I can't found, as ironically, latest Galaxy Store doesn't have "settings" at all.. it only has a button that seems to be settings link, but there is nothing like Marketing Choices, to disable.

SAM2.jpg

Also, I cannot even disable to the hell, this whole Galaxy Store.. as I don't wanna have it, because, I can't manage it, I can't tell to it NOT to download things automatically.SAM1.jpg

What shall I do? #Samsung, are you out of your reasonable mind? why the hell you force us to play your game? this is so shameful and aggressive.

0 Likes
PJBoi
Beginner Level 2
I "FORCE STOPPED" it and it works for me. hope it helps
0 Likes
Shyam112
Beginner Level 2

I denied all permissions  and uninstalled all updates on Samsung store, only using when required

0 Likes
sil2k20
Active Level 3

no no no it's not installing from galaxy store now...it's installing from download manager which is not accessible
0 Likes