Original topic:

Are Photos Compressed or Quality Reduced when shared in Galaxy Gallery@Samsung M

(Topic created on: 09-20-2019 07:28 PM)
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
Does Quality of Photos Compressed or Reduced when shared in Galaxy Gallery@ Samsung Members ??? Yes or not.... If yes is there any option to choose HD image ??? Because after sharing Some images looks like their quality reduced to what we have on our device.. For eg..this one 

22 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
no
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
But it Seems to me, as if it is reduced..Since I shared Led bulb images twice once with my Data Network, but when I saw quality reduced after sharing, I have deleted and then Again shared using High Speed Data WiFi but again result was same... And when I Compare the images one I shared and one Saved in my device, quality of shared images reduced..Like here in this image Circular images seen as if Pixels get disturbed..But in Actual image available in my Handset, it is Clear white even if I Zoom it at 3x level...
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
It Seems as if You yourself might not Confirm.. First you quoted Yes & then No...
0 Likes
There is one setting..if that is enabled, that means pic. quality will be compressed..i. e heif..this saving option helps in saving space of the internal storage..so, please check that..you will find this setting inside the camera settings(save option)

NOTE: I AM NOT TOO SURE WHETHER THIS IS THE MAIN REASON BEHIND IMAGE QUALITY
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Sidhabhi Bro.. The Saved quality in internal storage is fantastic, issue is with the same image when shared on Galaxy Gallery, Since I can the difference after sharing the image and the other copy of same image available in internal storage.... Specially Night taken images like Sky, Moon & this LED bulb images got reduced after Sharing & I observed this thrice out of my shared images...I don't know the reason but quality reduced..
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
This setting is Disabled..
0 Likes
That is what, check if your saved image is in jpeg format or heif format..no bro 👇
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Yes, You are right it was Enabled in Gallery→Settings & Now I have Disabled it..But I have never Enable this..Is it By Default enable ??? Thnx Bro..Let's See if it Works...Again Thank U...
Gst26
Expert Level 5
0 Likes